Chapter 66

Cheering and shouting...

That's all you can hear right now.

Who are they cheering for?

They have no idea who you are and what you're here for.

The moment you stepped on Onigashima, the soldiers have informed everyone of your arrival.
You walked up the entrance stairs all on your own, while King quietly followed you from behind.

As soon as you reach the top, the soldiers of beast pirates have gone silent. They immediately move out of the way and make a path for you.

All eyes on you.

You walk with significant amount of grace, soldiers start getting louder and louder the each step you take. Your bleeding palm goes unnoticed by everyone, a little drops of your blood seems to be soiling the ground, which will come in handy after a while..

Black Maria seems to be waiting for you at the entrance of the Castle. You greet her with a simple nod and she returns one in response.

"Oh my...look at that old Mask. It doesn't go well with you at all! Let my servants bring you a new one!"

You know damn well..they're just offended because you're wearing your mother's mask.
The mask itself goes perfectly well with your Kimono. Besides...the point of wearing it is to offend them.

"No need, thank you for your offer. May I ask where Yamato is?"

Maria's smile drops a little, a hint of annoyance runs on her face.

"He's a bit busy, you two will meet at the ceremony-"

"How could I ever be busy for Y/n?"

Yamato suddenly appears behind you and sets his hand on your shoulder.

"Yamato. You were supposed to attend the-"

"I already did."

Yamato responds before she could finish her word.

"Now, if you'll excuse us. I'd like to talk to my spouse."

King gives you two a side eye and Yamato turns to him.

"In private."

Maria rolls her eyes in response.

"You're excused."

Yamato grabs your hand and leads you inside of the Castle. He starts walking in hurry, taking sudden turns in the hall.

You didn't ask anything, knowing that those eye papers were plastered on the wall, watching every single move of yours like a damn camera.

Now that you think about it... they probably think you two went away to..

Okay, let's think about that. ( ̄ヘ ̄;)

Yamato finally finds a room and leads you in, then he closes the door behind him and looks around, making sure that nobody is watching you two.
He suddenly freezes.

"What's wrong Yamato?"

He observes his palm, covered in blood.
That's when you realize that he held your bloody hand this whole time. You didn't feel any sort of pain because you've already taken the painkiller on the ship.

"What happened to your hand?!"

He gently grabs it but you pull it away.

"That doesn't matter."