Chapter 68

You blink a few times in complete shock. Your father - Corazon..is standing right there, quite a few distance away from you.

"Father?"

He's smiling at you.Your stomach drops upon seeing his expression, tears are pouring out of your eyes uncontrollably.

You can't hear anything else, a complete silence fills up your mind.
Corazon starts walking up to you, opening his arms for you to hug.

You've missed him so much, it's unbearable.

You stand up on your trembling feet and start running towards him, you bump into something invisible and fall on the ground.

Despite the sudden cold sensation on your shoulder, you stand up again and dash towards him.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!"

you heard a muffled noise in your mind which makes you stop walking.

This can't be real...right?

You felt tears running down your eyes as you look up at the tall figure Infront of you.

He seems to have a saddened smile on his face, indicating something...

"Father?"

You just want to hear his voice, one more time..
Just one more time..

Corazon slowly reaches his hand and places it on your head, giving you a small pat.
You bite your lip to prevent a sob from escaping your mouth.

"FOOL."

your alternative ego yells in your mind, which makes you snap.

You fall on your knees, feeling your mind being taken over by Red. You instantly fight back, not letting them gain a complete control of you.

Your right eye is pulsing like crazy, indicating that it has turned into a Ruby color.

You look up, only to see King Infront of you.

"That was a hallucination"

Your alternative ego reminds you, which left you shocked.
King isn't doing anything... he's just..staring down at you.

That's when you realize that his hand is on your head.

Before you could process what was happening, Marco appears and sends him flying towards another building.

Your senses come back to you, hearing Chopper screaming out for your name.
Marco comes up to you and lights your shoulder on fire (using his powers).

"Y/n, you've been infected with the Ice Virus."

You glance at Marco with a horrified expression on your face.

"Were you... hallucinating just now?"

You nod and stand up on your feet. Barely able to keep your balance.

"Damn it..."

You curse yourself for letting your guard down so easily. What's even more confusing, is that King didn't use this as a chance to get rid of you.

"Y/n-san!"

Chopper runs up to you with a needle.

"I've made it!"

You thank him and take the needle, injecting yourself with the antidote of your poison and the virus, mixed together.

An instant burning sensation runs down your body, a portion of your infected skin instantly breaks apart and falls off.