Chapter 71

"You failed once again."

Laying in an unconscious state, all those horrifying memories start replaying in your mind, reminding you of how many times you failed to protect your loved ones so far.
You failed to defeated the enemies that you so proudly went against.

"Weak."

Another voice appears in your mind, reminding you of your other Ego's presence.

"You're envious of your little brother, aren't you?"

Envy...

"Now that you've confirmed it, He's capable of defeating a literal emperor, while being able to protect his comrades at the same time.."

You look up and lock eyes with your alternative ego - Red.

"How do you feel about that, hm?"

You freeze, unable to say anything.

Red suddenly appears behind you and sets their hands on your shoulder.

"Let me guess... perhaps you're holding a grudge because you couldn't defeat that old man yourself?"

You shake your head in denial, still refusing to say a word.

"Oh Y/n...you think I didn't notice?"

Red chuckles in disbelief as you turn to them.

"Guilt is eating you inside out, that's why you're avoiding those so called...friends."

It has been two days since you last interacted with someone, you pretended to be asleep the whole time, in reality you were drowning into your own thoughts.

Red can sense your exact thoughts and feelings, probably because they're part of your mind, but why can't you sense theirs?

"Joy Boy has returned, ya know what that means?"

Red turns their back and on you.

"Luffy is the new Joy Boy."

You respond, Red nods and turns to you once again.

"people waited around for 800 years, now that he's back, that boy is destined to change the world."

You got a little perplexed, questioning how Red knows about this. Then everything clicks..

"You...you also got the portion of my mother's memories through that weapon, didn't you?"

Red's smirk drops in an instant.

"More than you think."

Knowledge...what a dangerous weapon it can be..

"Kaido mentioned"Blood Reaper", do you know what that title means?"

Red grins awfully, which made you feel uneasy.

"I do, but I'm not telling you."

"WHY?!"

Red glares at you.

"Don't get your hopes up, you're never going to be as important as Joy Boy."

Red takes each step closer to you.

"You're never going to be as powerful, dependable and happy as him."

You form a punch out of annoyance.

"And who are you to decide that?"

You grab Red's collar.

"I'll go and find out everything myself and YOU can shove those discouraging words up your ass."

Red smirks in response.