Chapter 62

You all might be wondering...
How did Aurora survive that strike, right at the place of her heart?
Turns out, she used blood manipulation to move her OWN ORGAN before King's sword could stab her heart.
Sounds unbelievable, right?

What's even more unbelievable is that Kaido let her live after she attempted to murder him.

Perhaps he found out that Aurora could read the ancient language? Either way, she wouldn't even read out a single word to him and that's probably the reason why he kept torturing her..

Turns out, that was around the time when SMILEs were in development and Kaido decided to ally with Doflamingo, as a way to make his business successful.
Doflamingo offered to keep Aurora in check or to be more accurate...to keep her as his puppet.

Kaido was a bit skeptical, knowing that Aurora could possibly convince Doflamingo to turn against him, but later on he realized how weakened she has become, to the point where she could no longer use her own Haki properly, let alone her devil fruit.

There would be no point for Doflamingo to ally with a person with no strength, so why would he bother?
Therefore, Kaido risked it and sent Aurora away to Doflamingo, hoping that she would become more Cooperative...

She simply refused to cooperate with anyone and according to Kaido's orders, she ended up getting whipped more than hundred times. Despite being in pain, she never cried out of agony and even mocked the whippers of how weak their whippings were.

The thought of it is making you grit your teeth in rage.

"Old memories of Mother are flooding in, eh?"

You heard a voice in your head, coming directly from your own mind, it was your alternative
"What should I call you?"

You heard a sudden laugher.

" I am you, You can't name me."

"I can."

"Ugh...suit yourself."

You remember the nickname The children from Punk Hazard's lab used to call you and immediately smile at the thought of it.

"I'll call you...Red. it's my nickname after all."

You no longer heard nor felt your alternative ego..but deep inside, you felt some sort of sadness lurking inside of you.

"You're sad. Does it bring back memories?"

Your alternative ego suddenly appears right infront of you.

"What do you think? I hold onto the every negativity you've experienced."

Red seems to be frowning...

"Do you like the name?"

They scoff.

"I don't care about such a thing."

Red starts walking around you in circles.

"Seems like negativity is filling you up as the time goes by."

You raise your brow in question.

"How do you-"

"I know, because you've been thinking about how you've betrayed your friends, how they'll never see you as the same person when everything will end!"

Red makes a dramatic face and keeps circling you.

"Especially Law...I wonder if he'll grow to hate us while we're at it!"