Chapter 63

"I'm taking you back."

He gently grabs a hold of your back and tries to lift you up when you hiss in pain and gently push him away. A single skin to skin contact causes an undescribable pain to your body and he immediately realized that upon seeing your reaction.

You shake your head in refusal and mouth "no". his face immediately washes over in disappointment.

"Please.. leave."
You whisper quietly despite the painful soreness in your throat. He gently grabs your hand, catching you by surprise.

Your emotional state is making is far worse, you are on a brink of breaking down.

Of course you want him to take you away, but you can't possibly abandon your responsibilities.

"I can't leave you in this state."

You bite your lip to stop yourself from crying.
Oh..how much you want him to stay with you, but you know it's not possible.
You gently grab his wrist and shake your head in refusal.
He stares at you with a confused expression, waiting for your explanation.

"Why?"

You whisper quietly, meanwhile he stays silent.

"Do you...pity me?"

You lock eyes with him, his face says the answer without him telling you.
You breath hitches when another strike of pain washes over you.

"Y/n-ya."

You look up at him once again.

"Let me help you."

You shake your head in refusal.

"I know something is bothering you, spit it out."

You stubbornly shake your head once again.

"Captain's orders"

Your eyes widen in response as you gaze at him. Does he know that you want to be a part of his crew?.. why else would he call himself your captain?

"You're not...my captain."

"yet."

How bold of him.

You look away but he leans closer to you, awaiting for your answer.

"I want my grandma to be out of danger...durning the raid of.. Onigashima."

You said silently, breathing in and out carefully before putting the sentences together.

"Why?"

"Even though...I've tried my best to set her free...I'm sure Kaido will...threaten to use her against me.."

You cough outloud and immediately cover your mouth to not make much noise. Law hands you a glass of water to soothe your dry throat.

"I'm assuming you're working with Kaido's son to go against Kaido."

You look at him with a surprised expression and almost dropped your glass.

"It wasn't too difficult to figure that out."

Upon seeing your questionable expression, he sighs while pinching his nose bridge.

"But the Marriage..that could've been avoidable, correct?"

Your non-existent heart sinks in upon hearing that. You nod in response and was about to speak when he places his index finger on your lips, shushing you.

"Although I'm dying to know why you made this decision, I'll receive an answer when the time comes."

He traces the scar on your lip, sending goosebumps all over your body.