Chapter 2

My plan was to never feel again. But I don't think I can stay away much longer. Not when I have her near already.

The night went by as quick as lightning and I had to wake up to get ready. I put on a black velvet mini dress with the black heels and fur coat that my mother picked out for me. My blonde, long hair was curled and the front pieces were styled back.

For make-up the stylists completely covered up my freckles - probably on my father's orders. He hated my freckles since the day I was born. But at least my lips had a nice nude-pinkish tone and not red as usual. He always used make-up to form his perfect image of me. And this time he put a mask on my face in a way he thought the Rodrigues would want me to be; innocent and weak. Oh how excited I was to see the surprise on their faces when they realize I'm anything but.

When I was ready, I made my way down the stairs and got into the car. "You look beautiful," Filip whispered with a warm smile on his face so my father wouldn't hear it. He has always been the nicer one while my oldest brother Marvolo was more like my dad.

When we arrived at the restaurant we were supposed to meet the Rodrigues at, we sat down at the reserved table in the V.I.P area and waited for them to arrive.

Then finally, after a few minutes, the doors were banged open and in came a couple that was around my parent's age followed by a young, tall and muscular man.

His intimidating yet confident aura made the air thicken and forced everyone's attention on him. It felt like he was moving in slow motion as he approached the table. The jacket of his black suit was opened and flew in the wind his swift walk created. He ran his tatted hand through his messy, dark blonde hair without looking right or left and I spotted the tattoos continuing up his arm through the small gap that formed between his wrist and sleeve. His other hand swung in synch with his divine movements.

"Wow. He's perfect," Niveen, my younger sister, whispered stunned. She was my father's princess because she was a written image of him.

While his parents sat down opposite to mine, Ace did the same opposite to me. I looked up hesitantly and my eyes were met with a pair of grey ones that pierced right into mine.

My father stood up awkwardly and readjusted the jacket of his suit. "M- Mr. Rodrigues, it's a pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand for Ace to shake it but the young man just looked at it and then up at my father coolly before taking out his phone. I could not help but bite my cheeks to suppress the laugh that was threatening to escape my mouth at his lack of interest.

The food was served and finally, it was my time to shine. I did not want this marriage to happen so all I had to do was to misbehave and then he wouldn't want to marry me anymore. The plan was perfect, even though I knew I was going to get punished for that later.

"So, Mallory-" "Mal," I interrupted Mr. Rodrigues as snappy as possible. He gave me and my father a serious look before he cleared his throat to go on. "I want to know everything about you. What are your hobbies? Are there any friends? I heard you're going to a public school," he asked causing everyone to look at me. Is this a fucking job interview?

I remained silent but spoke when my father kicked my foot under the table from the side. "I," I looked at my father when an idea came to my mind. "I'm not allowed any hobbies. But my father has a passion for using me as his punching bag if that counts as well," I gave him a bitchy smile and then turned back to Mr. Rodrigues while the whole desk went quiet.

My father suddenly started to laugh awkwardly. "You're- She loves to make jokes like this. Don't take her too seriously," he tried to make fun of me but I was quick to block his attempt.