Chapter 56

"So tell me everything that happened" Ace demanded as we were sitting in his office at the Rodrigues mansion.

I honestly didn't know what happened the past few days either so that was going to be a interesting meeting.

"So" Archie cleared his throat. "We- actually let's start with a list of the fallen ones of that night okay?" he said as he slid a piece of paper over to his boss.

It was a list with about 50 names on it. And the name right at the top made my heart sink in disappointment.

Tristan Clemens

My gaze snapped up to Ace who was sitting next to me and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. They got along very well. Then my gaze shifted over to Nikita. She probably noticed me looking but didn't bother to lock eyes with me. Was she pissed that Ace survived but Tris didn't?

Ace cleared his throat and looked up from the paper again. "What's next? What happened to Nadia? Did you hear anything from her?"

"The river pulled her with it so she most definitely drowned" Archie stated earning a nod from Ace. "At least that's good news."

"And then there appeared to be this other problem with Vera" Archie started and I could immediately feel the air in the room thicken.

"What about her?" "Well apparently she cannot be found and-" Archie muttered intimidated and probably scared of Ace's reaction. "And what?" he snapped and I shifted in my seat. I knew where this was going.

"She took Niveen with her" he said, not daring to look at him. "She what?" Ace yelled as his fist met the desk in front of him, causing everyone to flinch.

"Did you know this?" he asked as he turned to me. "I- Filip told me when I called him last night" I muttered causing him to sigh in disbelief while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"So you're telling me Nadia is dead but Vera is gone and she took Niveen with her. Tris and about 1/3 of our Mafia members died and as if that's not enough my father assaulted my girlfriend which resulted in her tackling him to the ground and beating the shit out of him and then having to move out to my twin brother who apparently didn't run away but got kicked out by, again, my father at the age of 14" his voice got louder as he spoke.

"Wait you beat Mr. Rodrigues up?" Cullen said in amusement, earning a deadly glance from Ace and me. I shook my head slightly with wide eyes.

"We have good news as well" Archie changed the topic before he cleared his throat again. "And that would be?" Ace growled pissed, clenching his jaw afterwards.

"The trainees all finished their final fights and we were able to hire everyone of them. We're making more money and we bought New Mexico back so that's good" he explained before he gulped, hoping Ace wouldn't lose it completely.

I glanced over to Nikita who was already looking at me and smiled at her. To my surprise she smiled back slightly but immediately turned her gaze back to Ace when he spoke.

"We will have this meeting in a few days again" he stated causing everyone to get up and leave.

As I got up he grabbed my wrist and remained seated. "Not you" he said looking nowhere in particular.

Jack shot me a weird look, I couldn't really sense what it meant but he looked broken, jealous.

I smiled at him, not knowing what I was provoking with it at the time before he left the room.

"You 2 get along pretty well am I right?" Ace asked in a serious tone as he read through some random documents lying on his desk. I nodded but only when he looked up at me with a questioning look on his face I realized he couldn't even see that.

"We do" I answered truthfully. "Do me a favor and be careful around him" he said causing me to frown my face. "Why?" "Because I think he's into you and I'm taking no risks" he said with a grin at the end before pulling me onto his lap.

"Oh are you scared?" I asked with the same sassy grin as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "No but what's mine is mine, Mal" my name rolled off his tongue like a sweet symphony to me. I could've listened to him talking for hours.

"I don't think he's into me" I chuckled. "Just promise me to be careful, will you?" he asked with his eyebrows raised at the last part.

I went in for a kiss which quickly turned into a make out.

His tongue brushed against my lips slightly so I opened my mouth to let him in. My hands grabbed his dark blonde hair as his pulled me even closer by my lower back.

I winced in pain at the dark bruise that still hurt like hell causing him to stop immediately and look at me in concern.

"What's wrong, love?"

He was gonna find out anyways so I didn't really try to find an excuse, even if I knew he'd be furious.

"I bumped against the little desk in the entrance hall when-" "When Dominic hurt you" he concluded and I nodded in response, ashamed of my actions that day.

His jaw clenched at my nods. I started massaging his muscular shoulders because I knew he had a stressful day already. He hadn't even the time to rest since he woke up.

"Can we talk about this later?" I asked trying to calm him down and it seemed like it worked because I noticed his shoulders relax a little before he sighed heavily.

"That is just because your hands feel great and I don't want you to stop" he stated as he closed his eyes and rested his head against my cleavage.

I put my chin on his scalp when he started kissing his way up to my neck and then face. "Ace" I chuckled as I tried to free myself from his kisses even though I missed them so bad.

"You need to rest and I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me, Mallory. I want you. Now" he murmured in a deep voice getting me wet immediately. How could a voice have so much of an impact on me?

"Ace" I whispered, trying to resist him but it was no use. "Just to be clear young lady, if I want to fuck you, I fuck you. Don't even try to resist me because you will lose."

"But you have to rest" I argued causing him
to put his index finger against my lips. "So you wanna tell me this doesn't turn you on?" he asked before slipping his hand into my pants. "Oh and you're already so wet, my love" he murmured and I couldn't hold my moan in any longer.

"Ace, Mallory?" Jacks voice suddenly chimed from behind the door, followed by 3 loud knocks. Ace growled in annoyance before I got off his lap and he went to open the door.

"What is it, brother?"

"We're getting pizza. What do you guys want?" he asked while his eyes flicked back and forth between the two of us. "Uhmm I'll take salami" I said excited earning a nod from Jack. "And what do you want?" "I don't know just get me whatever the fuck you think I'll like" Ace waved his hand before he pushed past Jack and left.

"Noted" Jack muttered in surrender before sucking his lips in while I shrugged my shoulders at him. What was up with his mood? He was probably just exhausted.

The pizza arrived and we all ate. Ace and I ate in his room because he wanted to be alone with me. Then we watched a movie and went to bed.

And for the first time in days, we finally had a peaceful night for once.

I hope you liked the chapter! I'll try to publish more often again but as I already said, I have some stuff going on and am really busy... Sorry about that.

Have a good day/night!❤️