Part Ninety-Two 아흔이

~ Taehyung ~

I see how her eyes move away from mine. She stares into the distance as she listens to my story. My heart aches. It hurts so badly. I feel bad for everything that happened in the past months. But I feel even worse now I have to tell her everything as well... She is right, she deserves to hear why I did what I did. I don't want to keep her from knowing the truth. But it hurts so damn much.

I have to pause a few times during my story. My heart can't take it. I know I deserve it. I deserve to feel this pain after everything I did to her. I know I put her through way too much pain with my actions. This is just my Karma.

I look at her. She sits on the opposite side of the couch with her knees up to her chest and her arms around her legs. She looks broken. A single lost tear rolls down her cheek, but she tries to act strong. I wish she would remember she doesn't have to act strong in front of me if she doesn't feel like it. But I guess that is what the past time has done to us...

I carefully move a little closer to her. "Ali..." I say. She takes a deep breath, but doesn't meet my eyes. "Is there more I should know?" Her broken voice asks me. I feel my heart break for the millionth time today. But I try to think about her question.

I just told her about all my thoughts and emotions the moment we met Ye-Jun, the few days before our breakup, during our breakup, right after our breakup and every other moment until now. I tried to be as honest as possible. So I even told her about my kiss with Ye-Jun, something I know hurt her like hell. Luckily I could immediately tell her that I broke the kiss because I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I move a tiny bit closer to her and carefully touch her hand. "You should know... No, I just hope you know that I am very sorry about everything... I hope you know how much I love you. Even though we went our separated ways, my love for you never changed. If possible, it has only grown because I realized how much I need you and how much I miss you..."

She doesn't look at me at all. I wish I could do something for her. I wish I could hug her and hold her close to me. I wish I could tell her everything will be alright and that I will never ever leave her again. But I know I might not be who she needs anymore...

Alyssa finally looks at me with her teary eyes. I feel more and more urge to move myself closer to her and hold her. But I won't. Not until she lets me know she wants me to.

"Thank you for telling me everything, Tae..." She says. I nod, "Of course. You deserved to hear it. You deserve so much more, baby, and I really wish we could change the past and I could do it all over again. Because then I would go back to my past self and beat him up before he could ever leave you."

Alyssa smiles just a tiny bit and looks away from me again. "You just followed your heart..." I shake my head and grab both her hands. "No, I didn't. I didn't follow my heart, I followed my insecurities. If I would have followed my heart, I would have stayed with you," I tell her, "My heart always belongs to you. No matter where I am or who I am with, my heart belongs to you. I belong to you. You are my life, you are my love and you are my home... You always will be."

Her eyes look straight into mine again. But I don't see the same spark I saw before our breakup. Something has changed. Maybe nobody else would have noticed, but I see her eyes look different now. They look different ever since our breakup. I hope they will ever get back to the way they were in the past.

"Taehyung..." She starts, but she stops with the same speed. I am probably saying too much. This is all too much for her. Obviously, because I just talked about all my emotions in the past hours or so. I honestly don't know how long I have been talking. But since my entire talk was very painful for her, it must be too overwhelming to now hear me say how much I miss and need her.