16-LOVER

Build swears he will never step into Chiang Mai after the incident. He swears he will never let himself drown in the memories. He swears he will avoid everyone who will remind him of the loss but why now after four years, he has to face this? 

Meeting Mile is one of his biggest fear.

If seeing Mile means he will be reminded of the pain, he prefers to avoid him forever. The similar appearance, the white coat and the hospital smells make his stomach churns. The sudden loss makes his heart shattered and four years seems not enough to heal the pain.

His legs bring him to somewhere he's familiar with, to a two-storey house with full white colour painted all over it. In front of it, there is a small yard with a white swing in the corner surrounded by a vase and wildflowers filling the lonely space.

It used to be their house before, except it's empty now.

It's almost night when he ran away from Faith's Chiang Mai House, he knows it was childish but he couldn't control his emotions. He ignores the continuous ringing from his phone, turning off the device wanting to have some time alone. Somehow the house, Mile and Chiang Mai bring him back to the memories.

I miss you. Nodt.

******

< flashback six (6) years ago >

Chiang Mai, Thailand

"Do you know what's the difference between the book and you?" The other asked Build who was sitting on the chair reading his favourite book. The arms tightly enveloped him from the back.

"What?" He answered lazily.

"Book is to be read, but you.." he snatched Build's book's away ".. you are to be loved" and ran away from him, jokingly teasing him as he always loved to do. Making his lover all pissed and pouty.

"Ewww..you're whipped. Not funny Phi, give me back my book!" He chased after him annoyed having to deal with his childish boyfriend.

"Come on, I don't want to chase you. Yaaaahh, P'Nodt! STOP!"

*****

That was them. Nodt and Build. Build and Nodt. Befriended since childhood when Build moved from Bangkok to Chiang Mai with his family at 8 years old and met Nodt who was 14 years old at that time. Being a local Chiang Mai resident, Nodt always brought Build to various places, showing him his hideouts, taking him for walks, introducing him to local Chiang Mai dishes and all those first times that Build had experienced only with a man named Nodt.

The pure childhood bonds bloomed into a beautiful romance story when both of them realized there was more than a friendship between them. It was all exposed when 16 years old Build accidentally spilt his crush on Nodt and the other gladly confessed and asked him to wait until he was legal.

So when Build was 18 years old and Nodt was 24, they united as one. If before this he received only a quick peck from Nodt every time he achieved anything, a legal Build was gifted with hot kisses and sweetest promises from his lover. Nodt made love to him that first night he was officially 18 years old, the first time he gave his whole self to Nodt, entrusting him with the love and promises. They love each other so much and Build knew Nodt is the one and only for him.

When Mrs. Puttha was diagnosed with cancer the same year, their family moved back to Bangkok for her treatment. He had to leave Nodt alone in Chiang Mai since the other was still doing his medical study. But no matter how far they were, the love keeps on stronger and bigger. Nodt is his biggest supporter especially when his mother was in total pain. Any time, anywhere he was always there when Build needed him and the cycle stayed until it was suddenly gone.