61-SPECIAL CHAPTER

< Fifteen years ahead>

"Mick, don't run you're gonna fall down"

Loud Jeff's voice reprimands his son to not run in the park afraid in case he will slip off. He catches the kid who is now running away from him, excited to tease his father. Mick's high-pitched laughter resonates in the space.

It's been their annual activity for the past five years after all of them meet again. Three families. A Sumettikul, a Romsaithong and a Satoe. A growing relationship that they have never wanted to end. A meeting that they have never expected would be budding again.

"Jeff, let him be. Kids will be kids. His phis can take care of him. Come here. Let's eat!"

Bible shouts for his friend. When he thought he is the most overprotective father, it's all defeated after Jeff took over the title from him as the newest father among them.

Jeff is the biggest whipped over his son. He couldn't have a day without talking about Mick. Mick here, Mick there. But it's not only him though, the 2 years old Mick is super precious and loved by all of his brothers and sisters, four Sumettikuls and five Romsaithongs

"Bib, what if he falls down? My baby is so small. He had just learnt how to walk."

Jeff whines while walking over to them. His eyes can't stop looking at his son.

"Awww what to do with this man? It's only one child now, let's see when you have five kids."

Apo grumbles. Rolling his eyes. He is sitting down on the mat beside his husband, who is carrying their sleeping baby in his arms. Mile is humming slowly to make sure his little angel is sleeping well. The seven months baby was being fussy and couldn't stop crying since they arrived in the park.

"Right, don't worry too much P'Jeff. Mick is fine. Look at your husband. He's all good and calm. Right Us?"

Build added, nudging Us who kept smiling throughout the commotion. Us looks shy, his cheeks red to be teased by the "more experienced dads" Build and Apo. His hand rubbed slowly on his stomach, their second child is only five months old now. Jeff comes to sit beside him. Smiling wide. There are reliefs and assurances on his face.

No one thought it would end up like this.

Fifteen years ago when Jeff thought his life would turn out all good and complete after the whole migrating and meeting new people, he didn't expect that his first marriage would only last for three years.

Back to a lonely single life, back to a gloomy and empty heart, one Jeff Worakamon Satoe didn't know that he would fall in love again. The feeling that gave him the tingles, the pitter-patter emotions that he used to have before, back to overtaking him in the name of Us Nititorn. The same person that he used to love years ago, maybe one that he was still in love with when he met the said man again. 

Call it destiny but it was fate that brought him to Us after years of separation.

His beautiful Us who lived in the countryside, who at first decided to spend his whole life there, teaching poor students, helping needy people and fulfilling his old dreams. Us left the city to stay peacefully far from his previous fame and luxuries, drowned in his guilt and mistakes.

All safe and calm, unknown and cosy. Alone.

All of the neighbourhood's uncles and aunties love him. Of course, it's because of his charms and kindness. If once Us was loved as the top and famous Us Nititorn, in the small village, he was loved and pampered by the grandmothers and grandfathers as the real him. And Us preferred that life more.

Jeff didn't expect his love towards Us would finally be accepted after millions of rejections, tears, trials, arguments and fears. Us countlessly rejected his approaches out of his guilt but Jeff never gave up on his second chance. Ultimately fate has really played its part and no one knows how, when or why but Jeff succeeded.