17-TRUTH

< flashback >

Build was walking back from the local City Hall to register his marriage with Nodt. Nodt had to stay for his on-call and couldn't join him. He waited for Nodt who promised to pick him up from the hall being all giddy and excited. The relief he felt after the most important part had settled.

He hugged the envelope of the marriage certificate tight on his chest imagining the life he would experience with Nodt and their kids in the future. The life that he would share with his husband made Build's heart blossom with happiness and bliss. A 22 year-old Build Jakapan has finally become Build Panyangarm, the name that he really wanted to be since the first time he felt he had fallen in love with his childhood friend. It wasn't necessary for married couples in Thailand to change their last name to their partner's name but Build dreamed of it. He wanted to be officially Panyangarm, he wanted to be recognised as the one and only for Nodt. People said it was lame but he said, it was special.

Build Jakapan Panyangarm. The name he will use for his upcoming years living with Nodt.

Build was in his daydreaming mode when he received the call from Mile.

"Hello, P'Mile" he excitedly answered the call.

"Biu, come to the hospital now it's urgent," the man on the other line said to him. His voice rushed and hoarse.

"Why, what happ-"

He couldn't complete the sentence when Mile already hung up the call leaving him confused. The phone was tight on his hold. Suddenly he could feel his heart beating fast. His pale hands already sweating from fear. Various scenes played before his eyes and coated his mind with unnecessary thoughts. Build took a deep breath running fast to catch a taxi.

There's nothing going on right?

*****

Everything was happening so fast before him, the rushing paramedics, the screeching of stretcher's tires, the doctor's voice ordering treatment, the nurses running around the section and one last click of an EMERGENCY sign turning on in front of him signalling that there was an emergency procedure happening inside the room. The big sign blinded his eyes, he could feel the A/C room was too hot.

What was all of these and why he was called here? Why did Mile call him? Where is Nodt? Why Nodt didn't pick up his phone? Where is everyone?

"Build!"

Mile's voice was heard behind him. Build saw he was walking towards him, hands holding a bloodied bouquet of flowers, a box of wedding rings and a broken name tag that was painted with blood. The said man was already crying. Head shaking, whispering sorry. What Mile was sorry for?

The situation was too hazy in his mind.

Build was still dazed before he finally saw it. He saw it. The bloodied lanyard drooped from it. He saw the customized red and blue coloured, with Saxophone and Piano figures he specifically chose for his fiancé, suit the musical instruments they both skilled with. He saw the NxB initials carved into the lanyard. He saw it was the same one he owned back in his room.

"Baby, red and blue? Are you serious? there is no piano with the colours let alone a saxophone" Nodt was holding the customized lanyard. Face contoured with questions. Head tilted staring at his boyfriend who was splaying down on his lap.

"Hu'uh, yes red and blue colour and you have to hang it with your name tag. I specifically ordered this for us. See our name initials here? Nodt and Build. There are only two of these in this whole world." Build told him while showing off his own matching one.

Build knew Nodt was too whipped at him he would accept everything he gave.

"You're lucky I love you baby" the other said, gummy smiled before he kissed his lover feeling so blessed to have Build on his side.