- c h a p t e r - o n e -

edited.

______________________________________________________________________________

• 

• 

My dear Lottie...

I am so sorry I could not be there with you on your first day to Hogwarts. I wanted to be...so much more than you will ever know. 

I asked your father to take lots of pictures as you shop at Diagon Alley and get your wand and climb up on that train.

I am praying that you make lots of friends!

And I also am praying that you, my magical, miracle, baby, will blow everyone's minds while you are there.

Don't forget to write!

I love you, so so so much.

Grandpapa and Grandmama send hugs and kisses.

Love, 

Mama

The little redheaded girl clung to the endearing letter while she sat on the cart––dressed in a too-big denim jacket that she had specially picked out for this moment––her father pushed through the dreadfully busy train station.

She was on the hunt for a couple of people, her eyes skittering across so many unfamiliar faces.

As they neared the platform, the girl prayed that her friends would make it safely to the train on time.

"Ready?" Her father said suddenly, making her jump a little bit.

Turning slightly over her shoulder, the redheaded girl nodded excitedly before she stared at the old brick wall in front of her.

This was it!

After so many months of waiting, it was finally time.

"Three!" Her father called as she braced herself. "Two! One!"

They rushed towards the wall, and just as she was sure the cart would just collide with the bricks, a blanket of warmth passed over her.

"Lottie girl, open your eyes, darling," Her father chuckled.

She did, and a gasp fell from her lips.

It was just like she imagined it, just like her grandfather had described it to her.

With the scarlet steam engine waiting for her on the red-and-brown-brick platform, steam blowing from the engine as the conductor and the workers readied it for a half a day's travel. Above her was the wooden hanging sign, Hogwarts Express, and just above that was a metal sign that read Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters.

And the number of chattering people made her giddy.

Yes, she loved being around people...but one thing she did not like about them was talking to them.