- c h a p t e r - t h i r t y-f o u r -

edited.

__________________________________________________________________________

 She was gonna throw up.

She was gonna be sick and throw up all over her gorgeous new dress and ruin the hours of work done by and with her best friends.

The entire night would be completely destroyed.

She was finally starting to feel like she was pulling out of the pit of her mind–Violet did not want to go back if she embarrassed herself tonight. Because that is precisely what would happen if she did.

"You go on," Violet told Lily, needing a second before she entered the public eye. "I'll be there in a second."

Lily looked at her worriedly.

Violet had always thought her sister was a goddess on earth–but with the loosely curled tendrils of red hair falling down the back of her tea-length satin green dress, she looked like Aphrodite reborn.

Lily shifted closer to her, pushing a piece of Violet's hair back in place, "Are you alright?"

Violet shrugged, biting her glossy lip, "Just nervous."

Her sister gave her an endearing look, "Why?"

The Hilton stammered over her words, her face red as she choked out, "I've-I've never done something like this with...a boy."

Lily grinned, something hiding in the glimmer of her eyes, "It's just Remus."

Butterflies erupted in Violet's stomach as she shuffled her low heels–which actually made her around the same height as Lily, which was weird because Violet was always the short one.

"Exactly," She muttered under her breath, hoping Lily missed it.

"Oh Violet..." Lily sighed with a light laugh. "Don't overthink it." She placed her hands on Violet's shoulders–a wide smile on her lips, "He's waiting. I'll see you down there."

And she swept out of the room with the grace of a queen.

Violet turned back to the full-length mirror that was reflecting back the unrecognisable girl.

Violet ran her hands over the chiffon skirt of the navy blue dress again before fingering the gentle flowery lace at the bodice.

The girls had nailed it–obviously, they knew Violet's style better than she did.

The dress was fashioned with a halter neckline, gracefully hovering around her collarbones. To make it even more royal-like–the bodice was made of flowered fabric–a layer of solid navy underneath once the flowers reached a certain point of her chest (they were teenagers–hormones were raging, and Violet was not for that life). To top it all off, the skirt made of chiffon and tulle was floor-length and flowed around her like water.

Alice had picked out the silvery heels Violet was currently wearing. Mary and Marlene did Violet's hair (which they charmed the pink out of, bringing back the natural auburn) into a beautifully curled half-up, half-down hairstyle. And then–when Violet didn't think it could get any better–there were the earrings.

Lily would never truly know the meaning behind the nickname Fox, but that didn't stop her from purchasing the little silver studs in the shape of the face of a fox.

The Evans girl had heard the boys call Violet Fox enough that when she saw the earrings–she had to purchase them.

Violet smiled softly at her reflection, and her simply make-uped face grinned back at her–looking more alive than she had in weeks.