- c h a p t e r - t h i r t y-n i n e -

edited.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"RUUUUUUUNNNNN!"

"WHY DID I LET YOU CONVINCE ME TO DO THIS?!"

"BECAUSE WE BOTH AGREED IT WOULD BE FUN! AND ANYWAYS, THIS PRANK WAS YOUR IDEA!"

"YEAH, AN IDEA THAT I NEVER THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA TRY TO ACTUALLY EXECUTE! ESPECIALLY NOT LIKE THIS!"

"THEN DON'T SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT COULD GET US MURDERED NEXT TIME!!!"

"BY MERLIN, YOU'RE THE WORST!!!"

"RIGHT BACK AT YOU, POTTER!!!!"

Four Hours Earlier

Violet fell across the couch, her head landing on James's book–making him groan.

"Fox, do you know how annoying that is?" He muttered as he tried to slip his book out from underneath her head

She rolled her dark eyes, "Says you! Do you know how many times I have had to tie you to a chair to do your homework in the past two weeks?"

He sighed, "Fair point."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

The school term had been beyond boring.

Day in and day out, everything was the same. Nothing ever changed. Violet was usually one to appreciate schedules–but even she was suffering.

Which was why she was currently bothering James.

But not even two seconds after they had silenced, James closed his book and grumbled, "I'm bored."

"Same..." Violet blew hard from her lips, "What do ya wanna do?"

Jame shrugged, "I dunno...something?"

Violet rolled her eyes, "Well, where's Sirius?"

"In detention."

She raised her brows at the Potter boy, "How'd you get outta that one?"

He opened his mouth before he shrugged, "I am not going to lie...I am not sure."

Violet chuckled, playing with the dead ends of her hair, "Well, where's Remus and Peter?"

"Peter's with Mary and Remus isssss..." He shrugged again, ruffling his always messy black hair. "I dunno where Moony is."

Violet twisted her lips as she changed from playing with her hair to fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist from her best friend.

The crackling of the fire and the occasional whispers from different students around the room filled the silent space between the two.

It was about five minutes before Violet had an idea.

And with her idea came a devilish grin, "James?"

The Potter boy looked down at her, "Yes?"

"When was the last time we pranked our dearest Minnie?"

For a split second, Violet was sure James was gonna kiss her, he looked so excited. Instead, he just swept her into his arms before promptly dropping her onto the couch with a laugh, pointing at her, "You brilliant-minded creature! Should we call the troops together or..."