Chapter 39 - Sold His Car For What?

-1 month later-

(Katy POV)

"Home sweet home!" I practically yelled as I stepped through our front door. Your probably thinking, why the hell are you home Katy? Your supposed to be touring? Well technically am still touring, I just wanted to come home for Christmas.

Even though Christmas is still over 2 weeks away, it's always good to spend extra time with my family, and my soon to be husband.

"We do have neighbours you know" I heard Q chuckle as he walked inside the house carrying our bags. He set them down at the front door as I walked over to him, "yeah I know, but I don't care" I said sliding my hands up his chest and around his neck.

His hands slid around my waist, "of course you don't" he said before pressing his lips against my own. "What have you got planned for the rest of the afternoon?" He asked me as he kicked the front door shut behind him.

"Well Tamra will be bringing Warlock here in about an hours time, and I think that's it" I said as he smiled. "Well I have to run into the gym for a couple of hours to sort some stuff out, but then when I get back we can have a little conversation" he said smiling widely.

"Conversation? On what?" I asked completely oblivious at what he was trying to say, "on our wedding" he said making my insides jump with excitement. "That sounds great" I said happily, as he smiled and leaned down kissing me once again.

I came out of the kiss and picked up my bag and he picked up his before we took them up stairs to our bedroom.

"I'll just get changed and then I'm going to head off" he said and I nodded, "ok, I'll be downstairs" I said and he nodded before I walked out of the bedroom.

I made my way downstairs, pulling my phone out of my pocket and opening up the messages between Angela and I.

'Hey, can I swing by tomorrow to pick up Monkey and Kitty?'

I pressed send before walking through the lounge room and into the kitchen, I walked straight to the kettle and pressed it down to boil.

Then I got my coffee cup out of the cupboard and filled it with sugar, coffee and some milk. By the time I done all that, the kettle finished boiling, I poured the water into my coffee and began stirring it.

I sat down on one of the kitchen stools, listening as I could hear nothing but silence.

The usual buzzing of the TV in the room next door was gone, as I hadn't turned the TV on. The usually purring of Kitty and Monkey was no where to be heard, the clunking of the washing machine was gone. All I could hear was that small annoying whistling sound you can hear when it's so silent

It was just. Silence. I couldn't even hear Q moving around upstairs.

As I sit here, in silence, holding my coffee cup between my hands, letting it warm up the insides of my palms, my mind wanders.

I used to sit hear, listening to the silence everyday after Russell was gone. Just staring out of the back patio doors at the same view everyday. Not wanting to move.

It was so quiet without him. Angela had Kitty and Monkey because sometimes I couldn't even remember to feed them, my mind was just so jumbled with thoughts and emotions.

Sometimes the silence would be disturbed by the sound of my tears and sobs, sometimes by my anger when I used to throw and smash things.

I could feel a lump form at the back of my throat as I look back on what I was like when I was going through that time.