❦3 • w e l c o m e a b o a r d

• M O L L Y •
S O N G: S M E L L S L I K E T E E N S P I R T
B Y:
N I R V A N A
//T R I G G E R W A R N I N G:
S E X U A L A C T S\\

___

___

Last night went pretty well. I got the place to be sold out, having to ask people who passed by me to buy a ticket as I was putting the flyers up.

I've never been a bartender before but I think I did pretty good. Otis, the man who hired me, spent hours going over drinks and showing me how to make them before we opened.

He spent that time to explain to me how the bar upstairs had nothing to do with the underground bar. It was completely separate employee's, and no one ever came unless if they've been here before. Until tonight.

The line outside this underground bar has wrapped around the entire building, making it hard for anyone to come in and out of the bar upstairs.

"You look really well put," Otis says.

"Thank you, I didn't know what to expect tonight, so..." I shrug with a smile.

"Tonight is going to be more than bartending, I'm afraid. I'll be behind the bar for a few hours while you make sure that the tables are cleared and the room is able to fit all of those people in this small fucking room," he smiles through his doubt.

"Okay...yeah, I can do that." I nod. "I just need to use the restroom upstairs first," I say.

"Just make it quick, you still have to introduce yourself to the band," I heard him say as I started
to make my way upstairs.

I hurry up the stairs and go pee before rushing back down to the bar area. I move every table in sight and chair, stacking them against the wall. I make sure the floors are swept and mopped before going backstage to find Otis.

There's a set of stairs that lead downstairs. Walking down, I hear faint noises of a set of drums being played and and loud voice. I made it to the bottom of the stairs, seeing a bunch of people running around, making sure cords are hooked up to speakers, and microphones. Some people are fixing a mans hair who is singing into microphone. He's doing it flawlessly, it seems as if no one is even touching his hair and trying to fix the mic in front of him as he's singing into it.

His eyes are closed, his head titled to the side. Three other boys behind him. One of the guys are standing to his right, strumming an electric guitar. He has a dirty blond hair, his skin tone an olive tone. He's wearing a white muscle t-shirt that has a couple of rips in it, with a pair of black skinny jeans.

Two men behind the man singing are playing the drums and using another electric guitar. The drummer has shaggy dirty blond-brown hair and a black t-shirt on, black skinny jeans as well.