❦19 • i t ' s y o u

• M O L L Y •

___

Two weeks ago:

The sound of dripping water hitting the cement that my limp body is laying on, wakes me up. Opening and closing my eyes repeatedly, my head starts to pound. I scrunch my eyes shut again, groaning in agony from the pain due to the headache I have. I reach my arm up; failing because my arms are weak. I squint my eyes open again, looking down at my arm that's laying on the ground. Dirt and blood cover my arm, scratches all over my pale skin. Bringing my arms up to push myself up off the cold cement, I get into a slouched position once I make it onto my knees.

My head drops as well as my hands as my body proves to be extremely weak. Memories of what happened flash through my head, making my heart jump to the bottom of my stomach, causing me to feel nauseous on top of my headache.

___

Monday:

I close my mouth and swallow thickly, smiling at him. He smiles back before pressing a soft kiss to my forehead, making those stupid butterflies swarm my belly again. It's just for show, I remind myself. We lay there for a few minutes as we come down from our highs. He brings my hand up to his lips and presses a l soft kiss there, not moving his lips for a few seconds. He looks down at it, furrowing his brows.

"What's this?" he asks.

I pull my hand away quickly, dropping it to my lap. He lifts his hips up to pull his boxers and pants back up and zipping them up before buttoning them. I stay straddled over his lap.

"A scar..." I whisper lowly. "My ex boyfriend accidentally cut me when he was cutting something in the kitchen, I got in his way-"

He brings my wrist back up into his line of sight. He swallows slowly before speaking, keeping his eyes on my scar.

"I met a girl a couple of years ago who had a scar right here," he rubs his thumb over it slowly. "She told me the same story when I asked what it was..." His chest is heaving again. "It was completely dark so I only felt it, I couldn't see anything. I couldn't see her. She couldn't see me, and we never exchanged names, either."

"Really?" My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Where'd you meet her?"

"At a party I threw a few years ago. She found me in the basement when I was smoking a cigarette and she-" he stops talking when I look at his eyes, my heart racing.

No fucking way this is....the guy who I fucking slept with. The first man I ever allowed to kiss me, I never allowed my ex boyfriend too. It was too innocent and pure, vulnerable. He always was so horrible to me. But that guy...he was so sweet when he was touching me and-

"Molly." He whispers softly. I meet his gaze when he drops my wrist. "You've got to be fucking kidding me.." he mumbles under his breath. I quickly move off of his lap and head for the door.

This is too much information to piece together.  The man who is tangled up in all of this horrible shit is the same one that I met years ago? What. The. Fuck.

"Red, wait!" he stands up as I grab the handle and unlock the lock. I open the door before he can reach me.

Closing the door behind me, I make my down the long hallway. I pass by every door in a fast strut, trying to get back downstairs so I can just go back to the hotel room and go to sleep. I need to think. This is a lot of information to take it.