❦54 • u a r e m y c a n d y g i r l

• M O L L Y •

___

"You know I'm right!"

"Mm..you're not. But, I'll let it slide because-"

"Because you love me."

"Because I, Jesse, love you, Liz. I love you so fucking much."

"More than Ha-"

"Liz...I love you. I love you enough. Alright?"

As my eyes fight to stay open, I feel a hard ache on my head. My hand reaches up to feel the back of my head softly, but once my fingers brush my hair, a low whine comes crawling out. I drop my hand onto what feels like a mattress. I shift over to lay on my side instead of my stomach. As I do so, I can feel the clothing that hugs my body—rise up, allowing the cold air to bite my sensitive skin, that is—to my surprise—exposed. I can't remember getting dressed or getting undressed, honestly all I remember is the last few seconds of my life, right after I woke up. The same two voices flow through the room like it's somebody's gospel, praying to their God. It sounds so familiar, I think it's been playing on a loop the entire time that I've been out.

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

The people who the voices belong to start laughing softly, the piercing sound making my ears feel like someone is stabbing my eardrum with a knife. I turn my head to scan the room. I notice a few things: I'm not in Harry's room anymore, I'm in a room with old flowery wallpaper, dark green carpet that's soft enough to make you fall asleep just by touching it. The light isn't on, but from the dimly lit TV in the corner of the room; the room shines in a dark dust that I'd personally describe as...a hazy but thick layer of fog. The type of scenery you'd see while watching Twilight. Instead of my usual sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt for bed, I'm laying in a white gown. The bed I'm laying on is small, and the headboard looks like it's made out of a recycled project to go bad. In a white gown, my body welcomes the warmth it provides because it's thick. My feet are bare, I discover from rubbing them together. I slowly sit up, and when my eyes finally adjust to the light coming from the TV, I focus on what's playing.

Videotapes.

At home videotapes.

"Today is your birthday, and I thought I'd make you a video since I can't be with you."

Liz pouts her lips in the camera before quickly wiping it off of her face as a smirk takes over in its place. The camera she holds in her hand starts to lower, showing her bottom half. When she slides her hand underneath her shorts, I quickly turn away from my sight on the TV, and drown out the moans and whines that leave her lips.

A loud crackling sound comes from another room, booming into the bedroom that I sit in. I turn my head to look over at the bedroom door that's cracked open, and stand up to walk over to it. I wrap my hand around the cold metal knob, and pull it towards me. Once it's opened, I'm met with a dark hallway. There are a couple of wooden doors on each side of the hallway, making me assume there are more bedrooms here. As I step out into the hallway, my feet flush against the soft rug, making my feet fall into the floor and cry in happiness from how warm and soft it is. Turning the corner slowly, a low dim light is hung above the living room set. A long yellow couch wraps around an old coffee table. The TV is on what looks like to be a nightstand, and from what I can see in this dimly lit room; the kitchen is to the far right of the room, and it's all wooden cabinets and the tile is bright green. The rug is a dark green, almost brown.