❦40 • d a m n i t

• H A R R Y •

___

I stood near one of the trees that sits in between two houses across the street from where Molly sat all day long. She walked around Jesse's house for hours, looking for any way inside. She checked every lock, every door, every window, every small dog door, she really went all out. I started questioning her work as she decided to sit for hours on end instead of using the rifle to shoot one of the locks or even a window, but, then it hit me that he may have an alarm. A smirk crawled over my lips as I patted her on the back from afar for thinking the smart way.

Now though, she's been inside for a couple of minutes. Well, I say inside, but I don't know where inside she is. Is she in his house? His backyard? His tiny house by the pool in his backyard? His shack? I don't know. I thought I'd wait for awhile before I entered the area, only because there are cars lined up along the street and if I saw correctly, there's over one hundred people at his place. I've made my way across the street, now standing in front of his house. People who are pulling up quickly park and get out of their cars, smiling and waving as they pass by me like they know me. But, maybe they think they do. I forget that I'm in a band sometimes.

"Excuse me," I say kindly to a woman who's trying to squeeze in between me and another man.

I make my way through the gate, stopping for a moment to take it all in.

"Hm," I hum, looking around before the woman who tried pushing through me and someone else to get by, speaks up.

"Where's your wife?"

My eyebrows shoot up my forehead, not expecting such a question.

"I'm sorry?"

A smile crawls over her thin lips, making me take a step back.

"You're at a..." she looks around the place with her blue eyes, before landing them back onto my own, "swingers party. Is your wife wondering around?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"A swingers part-"

"Oh! Hey baby, I've been looking for you," an older man says.

His arms wrap around her to take her into an embrace and as he kisses her head, she rolls her eyes and pulls back.

"Justin, this is..." she looks at me, raising a brow,
asking me for my name without speaking.

"Harry," I say flatly, looking around the place to try to find Molly.

"This, Harry," she holds her hand up to rest on her husbands chest, "is my husband, Justin."

He holds his hand out for me to shake, but I clear my throat before grabbing a champagne glass from a lady who's walking around with a large tray full of them. I turn it over to inspect it. A lazy smirk appears on my lips as I shake my head slightly and mumble under
my breath, "A swingers a party...of course."

"