❦59 • h u r t i s a n u n d e r s t a t e m e n t

• M O L L Y •

___

Knowing I shouldn't be listening in on their conversation, I still do so.

"She'll be fine," Liz tells Harry's father. As I peek through the small crack of the door, I see his hand come up and hold her cheek in his hand. My eyebrows shoot up in shock before he leans down and presses a gentle kiss to her lips.

"You know he's here, right?" he asks her quietly. She nods, but shrugs her shoulders. "I know, I doubt she'll leave with him. If she was pregnant, I'm sure she'd run for the hills. She wouldn't leave me," she tells him. My heart somehow scrunches itself into my chest but I know it's all fake, she's a liar and she doesn't care about me.

"I just worry she's going to try something," he states clearly. "And if she does-"

"She won't," she says more sternly. He sighs and nods his head before he kisses her once more.

"I don't want you out in the public alone, just it being you two girls. I want to send a couple of men with you guys, not to breathe down your neck, but just to...you know," he shrugs and it makes me want to throw up. He's talking to her with so much care, so much passion. She's the widow of his fucking brother. Is this new? Have they been sneaking around together?

"I won't let her leave, Styles. You have to trust me. Trust me for once...please. I'm not Harry's mother."

To that, his eyes widen before he covers his hurt expression. She tries to read him by searching his face, but instantly, just how Harry does, he flattens his face into a scold with a deep frown and hides his emotions, not allowing anyone to be able to read his emotions.

"I want you back at the hotel by six p.m, no later than that, yeah?" he tells her sternly. I can see her body tense up slightly, but she nods and agrees to him. Without another exchanging of words, she kisses him quickly before she's making her way to leave the room. I'm quit to back up and hurry over towards the cold wall in this tall house.

When the door opens, she's quick to shut the door behind her without turning around and giving him a second glance. She clears her throat before walking around the corner and meets my eyes.

"Ready?" she asks me, a bright smile on her face.

I nod, and when I see her drop her smile and watch a frown take over her face when walks past me, I thank myself internally for having a plan to leave today and thank myself for never telling her that I am in fact pregnant. Who knows what she would've done or what extent Harry's father would've gone to to make sure that this baby wouldn't have a chance to open their eyes.

Walking out of the house, we're met with a big truck, and once we hop inside, I thank myself for wearing one of the sexy but elegant gowns today. The sun is out and the truck is muggy, and the old man driving has slobber on his bottom lip and the corner of his mouth holds grey slobber in a bubble, sweat pooling all around his face and neck. He gives me a hungry look and smirks, showing his built up drool.

I turn away, and look out the window. Thankfully, the ride was only a couple of minutes long. I step out of thr truck and make a quick stop to "use the restroom," but I ask a stranger if I can call my sister, who I told them was only eleven years old and I can't seem to find her anywhere in the mess of this crowded parade. Thankfully, the old lady handed me her phone and as I act like I'm typing in a phone number, I text Harry and send the current location. Right away, he texts me back and tells me he's coming and to delete the message. So I do, and I quickly hand her the phone back and say, "Thank you. Just thought I'd shoot her a text instead," I give a fake laugh and she nods and smiles kindly before dropping her phone back into her old, pink purse.