❦18 • b a c k t o r e a l i t y

• H A R R Y •

___

"It's been two weeks, Styles, do you think she's okay?" Niall sits down on the couch in my living room.

"Don't know." I say flatly, watching whatever is on my TV.

"You shot up over four warehouses, flew to L.A to see if your father went back there, and you couldn't find him. You didn't find her, so what? Now you're just going to give up?" he asks sternly.

"Niall, I just don't know what to do," I keep my eyes on the screen. "I've ran out of every option that I had, I don't know what to do. I don't know where to find him, and I don't know where to find that man who wore that fucking red sheet over his head." I throw the remote across the couch. "I just don't fucking know!" I shout into my hands, running them over my face.

"Well..." he sits back against the couch. "I've been thinking, and I think I have an idea, something that would get their attention and make them come out and...play," he smirks.

I stare at him, searching his face. No use in doing that, because my own mind has been in the trash for weeks now and I haven't been able to make sense of my own fucking thoughts. Instead of having to try to read his mind, he speaks again.

"We've laid low for a few weeks, yeah?" he crosses his leg over the other. "We've rescheduled most of our shows and canceled the ones that were out of the U.S." I shrug my shoulders, getting annoyed that he's dragging this out.

"Get to the fucking point, Niall." My jaw clenches in a heartbeat, and I'm sure if I paid attention hard enough, I'm sure I could crack all of my teeth in one go.

"So what if we have a show?"

"Are you an idiot?" I glare at him. "My girlfri-" I pause and swallow slowly. "Molly...is missing. I don't want to go preform and focus on myself or on the band right now, Ni," I shake my head slowly.

"Neither do I, or the guys, Harry." I just look at him and quirk an eyebrow.

"So what's the point of that?" I drop my shoulders, letting out a breath through my nose that I was holding in.

"Your father will think we gave up," he shrugs his shoulders before relaxing them again. "We'll do another show, it'll catch his attention, he'll make it known that he has her and that he'll do what he wants to her."

"He knows I care, Niall, he won't do that."

"Yes, but if we do the show he'll think you don't anymore, and the moment he sees that you didn't go soft," he puts air quotes with his fingers in my eyesight. "He may make a move and see if he can catch you slipping or possibly get you on his side."

"That's kind of smart," I roll my eyes when he gives me a cheeky smile. "But, I don't know." I look back at the TV. "I'll never understand why he hated her brother so much for him to want to take her," I look back at him.

"Maybe he had more on him other than drugs and not killing everyone he sent him out to kill off. He was just one step ahead of us that night." He shrugs again, his hair flowing around his face as he leans back against the couch and rests his head on the top of the cushion.

I nod my head, pinching my bottom lip while thinking. "Maybe you're right.." I nod. "Maybe it'll work," I say quietly.

___