❦43 • t r u t h o r d a r e

• H A R R Y •

___

To say I miss Molly would be something I'd shoot someone in the foot for saying

I know deep down that my feelings are there and are very much real, but after the other night when she left to Jesse's, someone snapped inside of me and now, every time I see her, I can't stand to look her way.

Maybe it's because of the fact that I'm hiding something from her, well, we all are. I don't want her to find out why she can't kill my father.

It has to be me.

If I'm closed off, she won't see through me. But it seems that every time she's around me, I'm open and honest and she can see through me as if I were see-through.

"You're on in ten, you annoying little fuck. I can't believe you're even dressed already-"

I couldn't help but let a smile crawl over my lips as Kelly's voice grew faint, as he started to walk away. I hate to admit I missed him, he makes things feel normal. He's always been around.

"Yeah, yeah!" I yelled back to him, turning around to walk out of the dressing room. I caught sight of Molly passing by.

For some reason, the urge to turn around and make sure I'm not in her line of sight didn't rush through me. I open the door wider, giving her a soft smile.

"You excited about the party tonight?"

She only looks at me for a second before looking ahead of her at the people she was about to go help out.

"Ah, about that," she looks back at me, "do I always have to go to those? You guys are used to the partying every other night after a show, but I'm not-"

"Hey," I lift her chin up with two of my fingers to make her meet my gaze. "You never have to go. You don't have to do anything you don't want to, okay?"

Instead of speaking, she swallows thickly, making her throat bob. She nods gently and then moves her head out of my grip to look at the group of people struggling with adjusting the lights.

"I should go help-"

"Actually, don't be too long, I need you in the front tonight with the crew."

She eyes me cautiously, searching my face for an answer. Knowing damn well we don't need her up there tonight, I try to keep my face stern so she doesn't read through my lie. Instead of saying, "I just want to see your face," I say, "You can make sure the camera crew don't pass the yellow line up front," I say as an excuse.