❦21 • m e d i c i n e

• M O L L Y •

___

The walls inside the the venue are covered in graffiti, and the hallway leading to the floor of the pit is filled with girls and men rushing to get close to the stage. Some people are pushing people next to them while some try to come up to me. The yells are loud as I make my way passed all of them and into the large venue. A curtain is covering the stage where the setup is that reads, R O L L I N G   R E D, in big red letters.

"She looks hot," a woman next to me on my right says loudly for me to hear. A smile wants to break out on my face, but the nervous feeling of seeing Harry after I left two weeks ago is eating me alive. I walked out willingly but I didn't stay gone willingly.

"You need to do as I say, step by step, Molls, or else this plan isn't going to work."

Screams start to make their way into my ears, the crowd going wild as people jump in place and start yelling out R O L L I N G   R E D!

"You're going to have to get rid of the blonde hair."

A girl to my left nudges my shoulder with her gentle hand, the same girl who told her friend that I looked hot. I turn to face her and even though I want to smile, I keep a straight face. Nerves are running through my body, making me want to throw up.

"Don't let him see you. Promise me, Molly. Get in and get out. The key is always on him. It's probably going to be in his pocket in his sweater or jeans...it's the only way."

"Can I get a picture with you?" she asks me kindly with a bright smile on her face. "You look amazing, I love your outfit! Plus my sister back home couldn't make it tonight and she's obsessed with whatever is happening between you and the guys," she waves her hand in the air. "None of my business! Just a photo to make her happy."

Kindly nodding my head, my straight face doesn't falter until she reaches her arm around my lower back to pose. Her friend holds her phone, saying, "Cheese!" before a bright light flashes on our faces. I smirk, loving the attention deep down but a smile can't crawl up my lips. I haven't smiled in two weeks.

"I don't like this, bubu...I don't want to go behind his back," a quiet sob escapes my lips as a trail of tears roll down my cheeks.

"I know Molls...but he has the key and I'm the only person who knows where the first original warehouse is."

"Why! Why and how do you even know this-information-"

"Thank you!" the girl squeals in excitement as she grabs the phone out of her friends hand quickly to look at the picture.

Feeling awkward, I make my way close toward the stage to get backstage. If I can just-

The curtain drops to the floor, the crowd irrupting into screams and whistles.

He stands right in front of the microphone. His hands are by his sides and as soon as the lights turn on, the whole place is red. A deep red. Instead of staring at the crowd, he looks directly into my eyes as he starts to sing.

"Here to take my medicine...."

His eyes trail over my entire body, taking his time but not missing a beat of the music when he continues to sing. His eyes scan my lower half, undressing me with his eyes. The red leather against my skin is making me feel like I'm on fire; the bodies dancing against my own burns. My legs feel hot and sweating in my leather boots. Once his eyes trail up to my face, a smirk breaks over it. He stares at my new hair color, and a soft frown appears on his face. Not enough for everyone here to notice it, but I do.