❦23 • i c a n e x p l a i n

• H A R R Y •

___

Before I can make it out the back door, I stop in my tracks when I see her. She's standing there, pacing back and forth in those red boots. Red. Scanning my eyes all over her face, her legs, her arms, her chest, eyes, hands, shoulders, I can't choose where I'd love to keep my gaze. The sight of her makes my heart feel full to an extent, but it shouldn't. I brought this girl on this tour to work for me, not to get caught up in her and start to turn soft, how my father put it. Maybe the pain that's turned into hurt and anger that I am feeling is why I'm being a bitch.

Finding it in myself to push myself to take a step a toward her, my feet start to move. As I get halfway down the hallway, I put my gun back into the waistband of my jeans and when I finally bring my gaze back up to her eyes, she stops pacing when her own two eyes meet my appearance. Her skin looks flushed and I think she may be nervous. Nervous or scared. Maybe even both. And as much as I feel for her deep down; she fucked up when she decided to play this guessing game with the devil. My father is no angel, but he's only a worker on the side. There is no way I'll ever go out without a fight.

"I can explain-" she begins, but I'm too quick to cut her off. I swore I wouldn't let her know that I care. Unless if she breaks the seal to that crack, I'm not giving that up.

"I thought you left." I stop walking once I'm a couple of steps in front of her.

Arms hung down by her sides, her face saddens when she speaks. "I can explain, Harry." She's talking so fast her words almost get jumbled.

"I don't care to hear about your little family reunion,
red. I just want to know why are you were in my dressing room snooping around. Why did you need that key? What are you doing, Molly? What the fuck is your plan, right now?"

She takes a step toward me to which I take a step back. I'm not putting my guard down when I spent weeks huddled up in my house worrying about her, trying to find her, going to the extent to come out tonight in hopes my dad would make a move, only, he gave me his bait. She's his bait.

"Harry, please let me explain from the beginning-"

I walk past her and open the door, letting go of the handle once I'm outside, not caring if it shuts behind me. A barrier between Molly and I would be ideal because no matter how angry I am, I keep looking at those lips that I miss kissing so badly.

"Harry, wait!"

I hear her footsteps hitting the wet pavement behind me. Walking past the bus, I ignore her and make my way to my right, where a sidewalk leads down to a bus stop. Maybe if I get on the bus and just leave to the airport, I can go home and be happy that she is at least alive. Through my hurt and anger towards her, I am so happy she's okay. She has a few faint bruises on her cheekbones, and she looks like she's lost a little bit of weight, but she's alive. And in my head, I just keep repeating that over and over so I don't let the anger take over what I feel. Because the strongest feeling that I have right now, is hurt. And with the hurt, comes anger. And the only thing that rules out any of the rest of it, is the feeling I get when she looks at me with tear glossed eyes and hearing her voice crack when she speaks. I was going to leave to go find her and find out what the fuck is happening. Now, I think if I don't stop looking at her, I might just lose my damn mind.

The pavement is coated with a large thick layer of water as the rain shreds over our bodies. I can hear her breathing pick up from behind me, telling me that she's close. As I hurry down the sidewalk, I reach the bus stop in no time. To my luck, it is there waiting for me. I hurry up the steps and dig in my back pocket for some cash. I throw a ten at the man, who probably needs the money honestly, and walk all the way to the back and take a seat. I keep my eyes on the floor before me but I quickly close my eyes when I feel a body next to my own in the seat to my left. Without turning my head to look at them, I bring my eyes up to face forward. But to my worst luck, I'm met with Molly walking down the pathway right towards me. I look to my left and see an old lady looking out of the window. The emptiness I feel when I realize it isn't Molly makes me even more angry.