❦35 • b a d g i r l

• M O L L Y •

___

The bar is so crowded, none of the workers could even walk by to close to the door or even shout at people to start leaving because of Harry's voice blasting through the speakers.

"I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor
As the music dies, something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen
And all its sad good-byes
I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should've known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you, oh..."

Hands are holding onto my hips gently, and the alcohol that I have consumed earlier in the night has made my body hot, and if I weren't mistaken, I'd say the hands that are holding onto my hips belong to the man with salt and pepper hair. His chest is barley flushed against my back, the reason being, his height. Instead of swaying my hips, or pressing my ass back into him, I stand in place, bouncing my legs to the music. Harry's eyes take glances at me every now and then, but quickly look away when he reaches his eyes down to the hands that are holding onto my hips. 

"Time can never mend
The careless whispers of a good friend
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find
I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should've known better than to cheat a friend (should've known better, yeah)
And waste the chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you, oh..."

Right when I scoot out of the man's grip, Harry and I meet each others eyes.

"Never without your love..."

All of a sudden, my dizzying brain flashes with images of everything I crave.

"Talk to me, red."

The morning Harry laid with me in the small bed in front of the tour bus, flashes through my head. The way his hand gently rested on my thigh, rubbing his thumb into a circle motion before hopping down from the bed after I gave in and spoke to him after giving him the silent treatment for days on end.

"I'm sorry..."

The image of Harry leaning his forehead against my own the night I showed up at their show, floods my mind. I can still feel the heat radiating off of him, and onto my own body. As I close my eyes, I can feel his breath fanning against my lips, almost like he's right there in front of me. The nervousness that I felt that night when we kissed, swarms all around into my body, and the light tingle that I feel along my spine sends shivers throughout, making the hairs on my body, stand up.

"Honey, you're sick, try to lay down..."

The imagine of my mother taking care of me right before Levi got shot floods my mind. I haven't given myself any time to dwell on the loss of my parents, even though they're alive, they're hateful. Spiteful, vile, almost as much as Harry's father. And then, the imagine of Harry looking at me like he's seen a halo appear above my head when I was explaining to him what the words on his gift meant—"Gods favorite Angel,—my heart rate picks up and as the rest of the song continues, I allow all of the memories from my past flood through my mind, and quite literally, consume me. When my mother took care of me, and actually cared. Or was it all an act? Harry being gentle with me the night of his birthday—the way he touched me delicately but used me roughly. So much was unsaid with the use of words, but he told me everything with his actions. The thought of him doing something so wrong with somebody else hurts. Why? That's fucking twisted. Have I been blind to my own feelings this whole time?