❦62 • i w o u l d

• H A R R Y •

___

"Would you like another, sir?" she asks me, the lady who has given me four glasses of wine.

I shake my head and say, "Can I actually get some water?"

She nods, and I steal a glance at Molly, who's still passed out. I stop the lady from walking any further and ask, "Can I get two glasses, please?"

She nods and hurries away before coming back with two waters in her hands. I set mine down on the small table in front of me before setting Molly's on top of her small table. She starts to stretch out her legs, slowly stirring and shifting in her spot. She rubs her eyes gently with a tiny pout of her lips, making me smile. Thankfully, I've sat her journal down on her table and stuck the pregnancy test back inside. Hopefully I got the right page it fell out of, but I guessed it was the one where she kept cutting off her words.

"Hey, baby, we have about another thirty minutes or so until we're there," I say lowly as she sits up and yawns.

I decided to put her journal away before I got too carried away. At first, I wanted to know her every thought. And as I still do, it isn't right for me to read them. I need to hear them from her mouth and I know we have a lot to talk about. Knowing she's pregnant without her knowing that I know—feels really weird. I almost don't want to even reach my hand out and place it on her thigh because she's so fragile right now, but I do, and I rub my thumb in gentle circles.

"How long have I been sleeping for?" she asks me.

I shrug and look at her. "Maybe a couple of hours. You were really tired, I wanted to let you rest."

She nods and looks at me before licking her lips. She looks away, and looks at her journal on the table.

"It fell on the floor," I say quickly. "I, uh...I thought I'd set it there so it wouldn't keep falling off of your lap."

She smiles kindly and says, "Thank you," before looking away again.

I clear my throat before saying, "Um..so.." I look at her as she meets my eyes, I'm sorry for how I acted back in the alley. I haven't been nice and it was wrong of me to be dismissive like that, and I know it's a lot to think about while we have this going on," I gesture with my free hand at the plane, "but eventually, we need to talk. About a lot of things," I say the last part more quietly.

The look on her face is one I can't exactly place, but when she asks, "Is it about you and Angela?" my heart sinks. I am filled with gilt and my frown softens as I shake my head quickly before shutting the door to our small space. I lean our seats back so it lays flat like a bed, and pull her into me. I prop the pillow I gave her under our heads before pushing her hair back behind her ear.

"No, baby. Me and Angela are nothing. I only kissed her to distract Liz if she saw us or to make her think that we were together so she'd think I wouldn't try anything."

"Thank you for coming," she says quietly. Thankful she doesn't budge on that topic, I still make note to tell her about us sleeping together. But later on.

I smile lazily and move my head to adjust myself better on the pillow, and close my eyes.

"I'm going to try to sleep for a bit, is that okay?" I ask her. She nods, rolling over. Her back presses against my chest, and I wrap my arm around her. My hand rests on her stomach, and my thumb draws small circles over her thin gown. Her hand rests over mine, making my heart swell. Whether or not she did it mindlessly, just knowing that both of us are trying to be close to the baby—our baby—makes my heart swell. "I love you, red. I love you so much.."