❦41 • d r o w n i n g i n t h e f e e l i n g o f y o u

• M O L L Y •

___

The sound of keys jingling as well as footsteps make me shoot up from my spot on Harry's bed. I waited for him in my room for over three hours once I got home, and when I saw no sign of him, I thought maybe he would be asleep in his bedroom, considering I got back super late. I was met with an empty room but I laid down anyways. I quickly changed out of my clothes—the lace lingerie—and made my way to his room.

When I first got back, the boys wouldn't stop asking me questions and kept hugging me. Levi wouldn't stop asking if I was okay once I told them what happened. I asked them if they knew where Harry went, but they all said, "He's been gone all day," at the same exact time.

My first thought was that maybe he followed me, but then I realized I would have seen him or ran into him. I thought that he could be out and just exploring Puerto Rico. I just don't understand why he'd do that all day long, by himself and not say anything to anyone about it. Though, I did do that to him.

The door to his bedroom creeks open, and as he enters the room, he shuts the door quietly behind him. He kicks his shoes off and pulls his shirt over his head. He walks over to the suitcase that's on the couch in the corner of the room, and drops his shirt on top of it after pulling out a new one. The muscles in his back flex as he lifts his arms up a bit in order to pull the shirt down, over his head. My eyes scan his body slowly, and when he turns around and says, "Fucking hell, Molly!" I lift my eyes to meet his.

"I didn't mean to scare you," I say quickly, laying back down.

I can tell by the way his chest isn't rising and falling as rapidly as it was a moment ago that he is trying to hold his breath without making it noticeable.

His eyes scan my face quickly before he slides off his jeans before setting them in the suitcase. Grabbing his black sweatpants, he pulls them up and runs his hand through his hair. I look at his lips, and when he pinches his bottom lip with his fingers, I can sense his uncomfortableness.

"Are you okay?

He looks away before walking to his side of the bed and sits down, his back facing me.

"You should be getting rest, red," is all he says.

The tension in the air could drown us if it were water. I sit up a bit straighter, leaning against the headboard.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay before I laid down, you haven't been home all day."

To this, he chuckles under his breath as he hangs his head down. His elbows are rested on his thighs, and his hands are held together in between his legs. With a small shake of his head, he asks, "Where were you tonight?"

"How did you know that I was-"

He says his next words so painfully, I want to hold him and tell him it's okay, but I'm stuck in my spot. How did he know I was gone if he hadn't been home all day?

"Molly, his voice is rough, low, quiet, yet, I can hear him clear as day. "Do not make me ask you again."

He turns his head over his shoulder as he sits up straighter. He stands up and walks around the bed and stands in front of me.