Chapter 50

The others seemed really determined and I didn't see any reason to refuse. Cadmael was a good person. I knew that. Even though he was especially nice to me, that didn't mean he wasn't to others as well. The plan was simple. We decided to go drinking again and Alphonse would get drunk. I couldn't say anything and we would see Cadmael's reaction. I shouldn't drink anything either so that Cadmael wouldn't have the excuse of helping me instead of Alphonse.

I wasn't comfortable with the idea of Alphonse being drunk but Gilbert was unstoppable. Therefore, I headed to Cadmael's study and as he promised, the door opened as soon as I arrived. I really didn't have to knock and I needed time to get used to it. Cadmael was fortunately alone aside from Alphonse and I looked at the both of them:

"Are you busy?"

Cadmael immediately shook his head while Alphonse rolled his eyes. He expected this answer.

"Great. The others wanted to go for a drink tonight. What do you think?"

Cadmael immediately got up.

"Let's go."

Diana, Gilbert and Andrew were waiting for us in front of the gates. I saw the suspicious smiles on their faces and couldn't help being scared.

"Where are we going? The same as last time?

-Works for me.

-But this time I won't listen to Eschyle crying."

I immediately blushed turning to Cadmael:

"Did I cry?"

He didn't reply and patted my hair. This wasn't helping.

"I won't drink today, don't worry."

We arrived at the bar-restaurant and people immediately went wild when they saw Cadmael. He didn't even try to make himself small and we had to book the place for the night and make everyone leave. It was kind of strange having all of this place for ourselves but it couldn't be helped.

The owner and the waiters paid close attention to us and were really nice and warm. They served us their best dishes as well as alcohol and even had the amability of giving us space to feel comfortable.

"Shouldn't they deny us alcohol? Everyone knows the emperor is 17."

Diana laughed:

"No one would dare tell the emperor they won't serve him."

I shrugged knowing she was right but at the same time feeling it wasn't fair.

"Speaking of drinking, what if we played a little drinking game?"

Gilbert was really enjoying this but me on the other hand felt like an elementary schoolboy. Andrew seemed to really like the idea and of course Diana also backed Gilbert up on this plan. Alphonse didn't have any reaction not minding and Cadmael was already drinking.

"What kind of game?

-What about truth or dare?"

I frowned.

"How can we do dares in a bar?

-Darling, darling. You have a really weak imagination."

I stuck out my tongue towards Gilbert and he winked. The game we played was a little different from the truth or dare from my world. We were playing with cards organized in a pyramid and we said one of the four colors. If we got it right we could ask someone truth or dare and if the person didn't want to do it, they would drink.

For now the plan was to make Alphonse drink but he wasn't the only one. Diana did a lot of dares: she stood on her hands for ten seconds, told the alphabet from backwards really fast... She was really good and didn't drink anything. Andrew got a dare too: Gilbert told him to lick the ground. He didn't want to and drank instead. Cadmael didn't get any questions yet and Alphonse started drinking more and more always too lazy to do the dares. No one asked me anything scared that I would end up like last time and I just enjoyed the moment.

The others started getting drunk and Gilbert suddenly turned to me:

"Eschyle truth or dare?"

I felt confident for some reason:

"Dare!

-Do a headstand."

I thought about it. Did I know how to do a headstand? Cadmael immediately got up:

"I'll hold you."

I nodded. Cadmael caught my ankles without any problem and helped me go down soon after. I was really proud and struck a pose:

"Voilà."

My friends applauded me and Gilbert who started to get drunk hugged me:

"You are so cute, Eschyle. Everything you do is adorable. I just want to put you in my pocket and take you everywhere. You are the best."

It felt great hearing all these positive things. However I suddenly felt strong arms separating us and raised my eyebrows. Andrew pulled Gilbert towards him and Cadmael on the other hand surrounded my waist with his arms and pulled me against his chest. Was this what they were talking about? No, he was just really clingy. You could be clingy with anyone. Just like a puppy who liked strangers. We sat back and the game continued. Everyone started to get drunk except for Cadmael and I.

"Cadmael, truth or dare.

-Truth.

-Who do you like the most?

-Eschyle."

He didn't hesitate for a second and I felt my cheeks growing redder.

"How much do you love him?"

Cadmael smirked.

"We said only one question per round."

Gilbert nodded with a smirk:

"You are smart. Too smart."

Alphonse started being strangely sleepy and he had a hard time staying seated. The others told me not to do anything but it felt horrible. I was seeing him pitching and really wanted to support him. Gilbert blocked my feet and the next second Alphonse fell on the ground. Cadmael who was sitting next to him didn't do anything to hold him back. I looked at him puzzled. Alphonse was lying on the ground. Won't he do anything?

Cadmael turned to me and when he saw I was staring at him he felt my forehead:

"Are you hot? Do you want something to drink?"

I thought I would faint. His friend was lying next to him! Wasn't he going to help him up? No one moved so I decided to get up. However Gilbert was still holding my feet and I lost my balance. The next second Cadmael was holding me by the waist, maintaining me in place.

"Be careful. Do you want to go home? You don't seem fine."

It was worse with everything he did! I quickly helped Alphonse up and looked at the others:

"I think it's time to go home."

Diana slowly nodded and hit Andrew in the stomach. He straightened up and smiled awkwardly:

"Cadmael, could you take Alphonse back? I'll take Diana and Eschyle will take care of Gilbert."

Cadmael looked at Andrew for a long time and he slowly melted into his seat under his gaze.

"I'll take Eschyle."

I looked at Cadmael:

"But Alphonse doesn't seem fine."

Cadmael looked at me for a bit and signed before helping Alphonse stand.

"I'll take him home. bring one guard with you, Eschyle."

I nodded bewildered and watched as Cadmael and Alphonse disappeared. Gilbert smiled broadly:

"See? He does everything you say."