Chapter 63

Cadmael was getting more and more touchy with me lately and when it was too much for me I ran away. However, once night came, I went back to his room. I didn't have any clothes in my room anymore or any of my things anymore so I had to go to Cadmael's room even for my bath. I knocked and when I didn't hear anything I opened the door. Cadmael was already in the room sitting on a sofa reading.

"Why didn't you say anything? I thought you weren't here.

-I told you you didn't have to knock."

I sighed.

"Did you already take your bath?"

He smirked:

"Why? Did you want to take it with me?"

I blushed instantly:

"No! I wanted to know if I could take it here or if I should take clothes to my room.

-The bathroom is all yours. Do you want to call for a maid or do you want me to wash you?

-Neither."

He frowned.

"I always bathe alone."

Cadmael frowned even more. It was indeed uncommon for nobles to bathe alone but I didn't like people touching my body freely. I wanted to keep at least that from my past life. Cadmael started smiling for an unknown reason.

"That's great."

I frowned not getting where he was getting at but didn't pry. I grabbed my pajamas and went to the bathroom. Cadmael didn't refrain from suggesting:

"If you need me you just have to call."

I slipped away and took a quick bath. Once ready I came out and headed immediately to bed. Seeing me do so, Cadmael shut his book and did the same. I was sitting on the bed looking at him and seeing me, Cadmael smiled:

"What is it?

-Nothing."

I frowned but again didn't pry. I learned that most of the time it was better not to know what he was thinking.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I had a question for you.

-For me?

-Did my brother send me any letters recently?"

Cadmael froze.

"Marvin told me my brother talked a lot about me and missed me. It's strange but he also talked about letters I didn't answer. Do you know anything about that?

-Yes.

-I knew it. What did you do?

-They weren't nice to you. I wanted to help.

-I know. And thank you for taking care of me but as I already told you before, we have to discuss these things together.

-He sent letters before the doctor incident so it doesn't count."

I laughed. Was he really bargaining right now? Cadmael never seemed shy in front of anyone but right now his head was lowered and it looked as if his ears were falling on the side. I wanted to laugh really bad. I wasn't angry at all. I didn't have any relationship with my brother. But Cadmael seemed really anxious. It was kind of nice seeing the hold I had on him. Should I tease him a little bit?

"You said you'd never lie to me but you constantly hide the truth. How is this any different?

-He wanted to use you now that you live in the Palace. There are a lot of people like him. You shouldn't waste energy dealing with them. I'll get rid of them for you.