Chapter 73- Cadmael's POV

Eschyle was lying in Cadmael's arms, his breathing steady. He was so beautiful that Cadmael couldn't help staring at him. He didn't want to wake the young man but he really wanted to touch his cheek and started caressing it gently. Feeling the touch, Eschyle smiled before rubbing his face against Cadmael's palm. This made Cadmael's intestines churn. Eschyle had no idea what effect he had on him. How could he be so pretty? How could his face be so attractive? How could his lips look so enticing? How could his tiny nose be so cute? Cadmael suddenly wanted to bite Eschyle but he couldn't do that to a sleeping person.

Cadmael couldn't get enough of Eschyle and had to use humongous strength to get out of bed. He froze when Eschyle grunted and waited for him to go back to sleep. He couldn't wake him up. Eschyle couldn't notice that he was gone. The latter started feeling cold and turned to his other side, looking for the missing warmth. He hugged a pillow against him and seemed to calm down a little. Cadmael started hating that pillow suddenly and he almost laid back next to Eschyle to make sure that he would be the only thing he would ever hug. Fortunately he soon remembered what he had to do and once sure that Eschyle was asleep, Cadmael tip-toed out of the room. Not without promising himself to throw out the pillow the next day of course. He could let Eschyle hug it for one night. It wouldn't even be one night. He would be gone for a few minutes and rush back to bed immediately.

Cadmael didn't even change clothes and decided that the sooner he teleported the sooner this would be done. But when he opened his eyes next, he was still in the middle of the corridor. Cadmael had no idea what had happened and tried again but nothing. No matter how many times he tried teleporting there, it wasn't working. Something was blocking him from the other side. No, not something. Someone. Who was strong enough to block Cadmael from teleporting to their side? The Emperor was flabbergasted. He had never failed before. This couldn't be happening.

Cadmael had spent days looking for someone powerful enough for his plan but he never once thought that it would be hard getting to the witch. He imagined himself teleporting there, forcing her to help him and teleporting back. Everything should have been over within an hour. Why wasn't it going as planned? He had to hurry up. He couldn't let Eschyle hug that pillow much longer. What if Eschyle got used to that pillow and never wanted to hug him ever again? He couldn't have Eschyle pushing him away and he quickly tried again.

Cadmael closed his eyes and focused all his magic into one point. He used so much magic that his legs started shaking and he could feel sweat forming on his forehead. He could almost feel his body traveling but the next second he was back to the empty corridor. Cadmael was so angry that he almost yelled but held back at the last second, remembering that Eschyle was still asleep.

"I shouldn't have underestimated the witch."

Cadmael knew where the witch was living and decided to try teleporting somewhere further away. He would lose a few precious minutes but he could walk. This time he finally succeeded and when he opened his eyes, Cadmael found himself in the middle of a garden. The garden was plunged into darkness and was just as peaceful as that deserted corridor he came from. Cadmael didn't have time to admire the beauty of the surroundings and rushed towards where the witch was. All he had to do was follow the trace of that towering power. A few guards tried getting in his way but Cadmael neutralized them without problem. The poor soldiers couldn't even slow him down and Cadmael reached the last door in ten minutes.

Obviously he didn't knock and kicked in the door in a deafening sound. The door didn't even have time to touch the ground when Cadmael felt someone grab him by the throat. He tried getting out of the hold but suddenly got projected into the wall. His ears started buzzing and when he opened his eyes again, he was back to his peaceful corridor. Cadmael stayed on the ground, surprised by the violence of the attack. Had he been caught by the witch? Seeing that he was back to square one, Cadmael's blood started boiling. Who did she think she was for throwing him against the wall?