Cedric Clayton

"The Bureau? Then you must know my son, Elliot! I trust he hasn't been getting into trouble?" - Cedric Clayton

Biographical information

Full Name: Cedric Clayton

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Bisexual

Status: Alive

Age: 48 (season 3)

Birth: 1968

Race: Human

Nationality: British

Origin: Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Residence: Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Profession(s): COE of Clayton Technologies

Family:

* Evangeline Clayton (wife)

* Eliza Clayton (daughter)

* Elliot Clayton (son)

* Esther Clayton (daughter)

Affiliation(s):

* Clayton Technologies

* SOMBRA (unwillingly & formerly)

Profile

Height: 5'7"

Age: 48 (season 3)

Weight: 147lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: O-

Cedric is the father of the Clayton siblings. He is a businessman of average height with neatly combed black hair, a clean-cut beard, and brown eyes behind a pair of purple-framed glasses. Wearing a dark gray suit, green dress shirt with a black vest, purple tie, and shiny black shoes, he is always ready to talk business. He also wears his gold wedding right on his left hand.

The scar under his right eye was given to him by a SOMBRA agent ten years ago.

Per his suspect appearance in The Brave and the Dead, it is known that Cedric eats Halo-halo, has visited the Caribbean and knows electronics.

Synopsis

Cedric Clayton is the CEO of one of the world's largest tech companies, Clayton Technologies. They have contracts with hospitals, militaries and global organizations to which they provide top-of-the-line technology. They are a leading innovator in their industry, competing against companies like iPear and Dream Life.

The Bureau met Elliot's father when he became a suspect in Wilfred Pennyworth's murder. He and the victim had argued a few hours before the murder; Wilfred wanted to kill Malaya Mendoza, a SOMBRA agent assigned to watch the Claytons. But Cedric refused to resort to murder. Ultimately, Wilfred died, and Malaya was arrested and sentenced to life in prison for his murder.

Later, Cedric revealed how he and his wife had been forced to work for SOMBRA. Not only did they threaten to kill their children, but the first and only time the couple tried to escape SOMBRA's clutches, they were attacked. SOMBRA broke into the Clayton mansion one night and entered the master bedroom. The agents tied Ceridc to a chair and forced him to watch as they tortured Evangeline, beating the woman into a coma.

They survived the attack, but Cedric still struggles to look at his reflection. Every time he sees the scar SOMBRA left under his eye, he is reminded of the threat against his family brought on because he was too naive and ambitious to say no when SOMBRA first approached him about wanting to buy his technology.

After proving they weren't willingly working for SOMBRA, Cedric and Evangeline vowed to help the Bureau take down the criminal organization. Cedric and his son have also slowly begun reconnecting as they work together to strengthen Clayton Technologies' servers and networks against cyber attacks. And now that he will be spending more time at home and Eliza has moved back into the mansion, he plans to reconnect with his daughters next.

Elliot briefly mentioned Cedric during Return To Killer Bay when he helped take Eclipse Technologies away from SOMBRA. The Bureau got Christopher Hanson to sign over the company to Cedric and Clayton Tech to take away one of SOMBRA's strongest resources. Cedric was more than happy to take away a piece of SOMBRA after being under their control for so long and couldn't wait for the day when they were defeated.

And when that day arrived, Cedric, Evangeline and their daughters travelled to New York to be with Elliot and the Bureau. They all celebrated the victory and mourned the loss of Dupont by giving the historian the funeral he deserved. And while there was still a lot of work to be done to clean up SOMBRA's messes, Cedric looked forward to a brighter future with his family and new friends.

Story Information

First appeared: The Brave and the Dead

Trivia

* His vision is worse in his right eye because of the SOMBRA agent who stabbed just below his eye socket

     * He never needed glasses before the attack; he had perfect vision

* He (with help from Evangeline's family) forged his wife's engagement ring

     * Later, the couple forged their wedding bands together

* He struggles with human interaction beyond business-related meetings/conversations. He's always found it easier to understand technology than people

* He and Elliot used to build miniature robots when the teen was younger. Cedric hopes that the two of them can start that hobby again someday

* He and Evangeline began wearing their children's colours (purple, black and green) to feel closer to them when SOMBRA forced them apart

Gallery

According to the site I used, this is one variation of the Clayton family crest. I chose the black-and-white version because it fit the family's aesthetic better. The small crest inside Cedric's briefcase did not have the banner with the family's name on it.