Song Haneul

"What? No! But now I feel less guilty about killing him.... I killed him so I wouldn't go to jail!" - Song Haneul

Biographical information

Full Name: Song Haneul

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Asexual

Status: Incarcerated

Age: 61 (season 3)

Birth: 1955

Race: Human

Nationality: Korean

Origin: Busan, South Korea

Residence: Busan, South Korea

Profession(s): Paramedic

Profile

Height: 5'9"

Age: 61 (season 3)

Weight: 169lbs

Eyes: blue

Blood: O+

Hailing from Busan, South Korea, Haneul is in his early sixties with short brown hair underneath a black ballcap, a clean-shaven face and dark blue eyes. He wears a standard South Korean paramedic uniform consisting of black pants and shoes and an orange jacket with black details and patches on the shoulders and right side of his chest.

As per his suspect appearance in Explosive Secrets, it is known that Haneul drinks Dalgona coffee, listens to K-pop and uses snail slime face masks.

Synopsis

Haneul was the killer of Im Sol in Explosive Secrets. He was a paramedic who dealt with accidents daily, from heart attacks to car crashes. He was one of the first responders to the bus crash Sol had been involved in and was relieved to see that the worst injuries were some cuts and bruises.

But along with his paramedic work, Haneul had a secret side job: stealing medication from his work and hospitals for a small free clinic that couldn't afford it. The clinic was run by some old family friends of his who did their best to help the less fortunate with their health. But sadly, the clinic couldn't afford some of the needed medication or equipment for its patients. So, Haneul did what he could to help them save lives, even if his actions were illegal.

During one of his supply runs to the clinic, he ran into Sol, who was there receiving treatment for a sprained ankle. Sol quickly figured out what his old friend was doing and decided he wanted in on the profits. But Haneul told Sol he wasn't taking any payment for the medications or equipment and that helping others was the only reward he needed.

Sol refused to believe that there was no money involved and threatened to report Haneul's crimes to the police if he didn't start receiving a stipend. Haneul refused to buy Sol's silence and tried to find other ways to keep him quiet. And on the day he reported to the scene of the bus crash, he knew what he had to do.

Haneul planned to inject Sol with medication that would cause him to have a heart attack-like seizure. He hoped to pass off the murder as a delayed heart attack brought on by the stress of the crash, but Sol fought back. The two wrestled for the upper hand, and eventually, Haneul managed to pin Sol against the bus's tire with his hands around the driver's throat. He never intended to kill Sol by brute force, but Haneul just kept squeezing Sol's throat until the man stopped breathing.

After Sol died, Haneul fled the scene before anyone saw what he had done. Of course, his attempt to avoid going to jail failed when he was caught red-handed, so he reluctantly let himself be arrested and sent to prison. He just hopes that the clinic will be able to sustain itself and maybe get new support for medication and equipment while he does his time behind bars.

Story Information

First appeared: Explosive Secrets

Trivia

* His name, Haneul, means heaven and sky in Korean

* He and Sol used to work together when the other man was a firefighter

* As a K-pop fan, he enjoyed listening to SILVERee