Terence Bellerose

"Objection!" - Terence Bellerose

Biographical information

Full Name: Terence Bellerose

Gender: Transgender (female to male)

Sexuality: Gay

Status: Alive

Age: 35 (season 2)

Birth: 1980

Race: Human

Nationality: American

Origin: Jazz Town, Pacific Bay, USA

Residence: Jazz Town, Pacific Bay, USA

Profession(s): Lawyer

Family:

* Jessica Toussaint (cousin)

* Yann Toussaint (cousin-in-law)

Affiliation(s): Pacific Bay Courthouse

Profile

Height: 5'9"

Age: 35 (season 2)

Weight: 174lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: AB+

The cousin of Jessica Toussaint, Terence is a lawyer at the Pacific Bay Courthouse. You can see the resemblance between him and Jessica; he has a matching skin tone and black hair in dreadlocks longer than Yann's, which he usually ties back because of work. He wears a brown suit, black dress shirt, green tie, and black dress shoes when working.

As per his suspect appearance in Return To Killer Bay, it is known that Terence eats beignets and takes sleeping pills.

Synopsis

Terence was a minor OC featured in the chapter Hanson vs. Savage. He served as Adalet and Fili's lawyer after his cousin Jessica asked for help defending her friends in their custody battle for Ahmet. Terence was happy to help Jessica's friends and was even happier to have the chance to battle Justine Dawson. He hated the other lawyer's obnoxious personality and wanted to knock her off her high horse.

With the help of the PBPD team, he collected witnesses to assist in defeating Justine and her clients. Not only did he want to prove himself in the courtroom, but he also wanted to win the case so Adalet and Fili could keep their son. Not that he had any doubts about their abilities as good parents to Ahmet, but having some surprise tricks up your sleeves is always a good idea.

Together, Terence, Adalet and Fili won the case. Christopher and Yasemin lost their parental rights to Ahmet and were forbidden from seeing the boy. Afterwards, they and the rest of their family and friends celebrated their victory at the Savage-Sadik-Halvorsen house.

After the trial, Terence was happy to see that Justine's reputation suffered because of her loss. She became less renowned for her work, and fewer clients sought her help after discovering the type of people she represented.

Meanwhile, his reputation increased dramatically. After hearing he had beaten the dreaded Justine Dawson in a custody battle, people wanted him to represent them. Terence couldn't believe it but happily took on as many new clients as possible. He even impressed Judge Edward Dante, who offered to mentor the young lawyer.

Terence is so thankful for Jessica seeking his help for her friends, and he promised her and the others that if they ever needed legal assistance, he was only a phone call away!

In season 3, Terence would return as a suspect in the murder of Yasmin Hanson after it was discovered he visited one of the crime scenes. When he was first interrogated, he claimed to have not interacted with Yasmin since Ahmet's custody trial. But later, it was revealed that Yasmin had been harassing the lawyer ever since the trial for "taking away her parental rights." Terence ended up getting a restraining order against Yasmin, but thankfully, his innocence was proven after Jack and Amy arrested Christopher Hanson for the murder.

Story Information

First appeared: Hanson vs. Savage

Trivia

* He is an LGBTQ+ activist and spokesman

* He's friends with several drag queens, including Kitty LaBombe

* He aspires to become a judge

* He looks up to Edward Dante despite the man's... Odd behaviour

* He never actually said his quote in the story, but he's said it a lot during his work

    * Plus, I wanted to reference the game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney