Kára Halvorsen

Biographical information

Full Name: Kára Halvorsen

Alias(es): Valkyrie Kára Halvorsen (official title)

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Aromantic

Status: Deceased

Age: 63 (season 3)

Birth: 1952

Race: Mythonite

Cause of Death: Impaled by her own sword

Nationality: Asgardian

Origin: Asgard, New Asgard

Residence: Asgard, New Asgard

Profession(s): Valkyrie

Family:

* Birgitta Halvorsen (mother)

* Soffía Halvorsen (mother)

* Brage Halvorsen (twin sibling)

* Heimdall Sadik-Halvorsen (brother)

* Aslan Sadik-Halvorsen (brother-in-law)

* Adalet (Anders) Sadik-Halvorsen (niece/nephew)

Affiliation(s): New Asgard Valkyries (formerly)

Profile

Height: 6'1"

Age: 63 (season 3)

Weight: 196lbs

Eyes: green

Blood: A-

Kára is the firstborn child of Birgitta and Soffía Halvorsen. Her skin tone is a combination of her mothers'. She inherited Soffía's green eyes, while her twin, Brage, got Birgitta's blue eyes. She had long silvery-gray hair tied into a tight braid that reached her lower back. Kára also had scars on her face and body from her years as a Valkyrie.

Kára always wore her Valkyrie uniform. At the time of her death, she was wearing her Winter one, which consisted of fitted black pants tucked into thick silver boots and a long black tunic with a silver sash. She wore metal gloves and gauntlets on her hands and a matching circle of silver around her forehead that had runs engraved into it. Finally, she had a fur-lined silver cloak to keep her warm.

Powers and abilities

Asgardian abilities:

* Super-strength

* Enhanced durability

* Enhanced speed

* Superhuman Stamina

* Regenerative healing factor

* Flight

* All-Speak

* Star Generation

     * Asgardians can create small orbs of light, which they call "stars" that they send up into the sky at night

* Magic

Synopsis

Kára was the aunt of Adalet and the oldest sibling of Heimdall, being just 6 minutes older than their middle sibling, Brage. She served as a Valkyrie for New Asgard from when she was 25 until she vanished after Ragnarok. She was considered cold-hearted by her fellow Valkyries but was praised for never running from a fight. However, she was known for disobeying orders and received the most disciplinary action out of the Valkyries.

When Adalet first arrived, Kára and her were close as the woman wanted to teach her niece how to fight in hopes that she might become a Valkyrie. She had even gotten Adalet a rag doll that resembled the little girl with a mini Valkyrie outfit for it to wear. After Adalet's kidnapping, the girl was too traumatized to leave her fathers' sides. Kára didn't know how to deal with a traumatized child, especially not her own niece, so she and Adalet drifted apart until the girl couldn't even remember how they used to play Valkyries together.

During Ragnorok, Kára had been personally asked by ex-king Henrik Dahl to protect his dying wife, Sylvie. Kára initially followed the order until she saw how intense the battle was outside the palace. Craving a fight, she abandoned her post, allowing Sylvie to be killed by the enemy.

Kára also had no issue leaving her fellow Asgardians to die on the battlefield if they looked hopeless. She left many injured people to die who otherwise might have lived if she had helped them. She had even left Adalet on the gods' pavilion with an arrow in her stomach. However, Kára's reason for leaving her niece to die differed from the others.

Ever since Adalet had been taken and forced to fight in Illegal Hybrid Fights, Kára was convinced that her niece's life would involve nothing but pain and suffering. She believed Adalet would never be able to thrive being born an illegal hybrid, as most die at a young age if they survive the birth at all. So Kára considered leaving Adalet on the pavilion with the potentially fatal wound to be a mercy killing. She believed that she was freeing her niece from a life of suffering when in reality, Adalet was thriving, but Kára had never bothered to try and rejoin Adalet's life to see that.

No one knows this, not even Adalet, Heimdall, Brage, or her mothers. Kára took the secret to her grave.

After Ragnorok, Kára went into hiding to try and find a cure for the fire tumours. Seeing the pain and sadness the war caused New Asgard showed Kára that she needed to do something to redeem herself. So she dedicated her life to finding a cure, and after years of hard work, she almost had the cure; it was just missing an Earth-exclusive ingredient to complete it.

And so Kára travelled to Earth to find the final ingredient. But there she was confronted by Henrik Dahl, who sought revenge for his wife's death. Henrik lured Kára to the Mirny Mine with fake promises of wanting to help her with the cure after he found out how and why she came to Earth. Once at the mine, Henrik managed to get Kára's sword away from her and wasted no time impaling her straight through her heart. Even after she died, Henrik slashed and stabbed her body, leaving a permanent mark of his hatred toward her.

Story Information

First appeared: Valhalla Calling Thee

Trivia

* As children, if Kára and Brage dressed the same, the only way people could tell them apart was by their eye colour

* Compared to her siblings, Kára has always been more apathetic and closed off

* She never considered being anything but a Valkyrie growing up, and she used to train in her backyard whenever she could

* She always believed that her mothers loved Brage and Heimdall more since she thought they were more accomplished than her

     * In reality, her mothers loved all their children equally, but Kára held a special place in their hearts because, for a few minutes, she was their only child until Brage was born

* She took her role as the oldest child very seriously. She believed that it was her responsibility to look after her siblings and keep them out of trouble

     * Brage and Heimdall just wished that their sister would have once stopped trying to protect and boss them around and just have been a fun older sister who would play with them