My Inner Darkness Part 1

Rangers:
Red: Jared Scott
Blue: Omar Ellis
Yellow: Jennifer/Jenny Callahan
Green: Hunter Jacobson
Pink: Katherine/KZ Walker
Black: Arthur/Artie Carter-Scott
White: Gwen Anderson

"IT WAS nice of the two of you to visit." Martha said.

Sitting at a table with Martha in the nursing home that cares for people with mental disorders were her two children. Brooke was reading over her book report for class whereas Jared was playing a friendly game of checkers with his mom. Martha did not expect them to visit as often as they do now, which makes the women really happy.

"So," Martha looks at Jared, "Norland Literary Arts, huh?"

Jared looks at his mom with a small smile, "You shouldn't be surprised, mom." Jared spoke.

Martha smiles, "I'm not. I'm proud." She said.

Brooke turns to her brother, "Dad and I were worried that you weren't going to college, but good thing that Artie was there to submit your application at the last minute." Brooke said.

The two siblings glanced at each other, the moment Brooke had said Artie they noticed their mom tense. Sure their mom and dad had gotten past the affair and she has accepted Artie into the family, but the wounds still remain. Jared and Brooke turn to face their mother, she had tensed up but she had slowly loosen up.

"Sorry mom," Brooke frowns.

Martha shakes her head, "I shouldn't hate the boy. After all, he did get Jared into college so I don't have a grudge." Martha said.

Jared nods.

Brooke looks from her brother to her mom, "We just- don't want to upset you."

Martha smiles and shakes her head, "You're not upsetting me. Why not next time you bring Artie along."

Brooke and Jared exchanged looks.

"You sure?" Brooke asks.

 "Mom?" Jared spoke.

Martha nods, "He is your brother and a member of our family, I should know my step-son better." She said.

Then an aid comes over to the three. The woman looks at the three and smile, before leaning towards Martha.

"It's time for your medication, Martha." The nurse said.

Martha nods, "Okay," She turns to her children, "I guess I'll see you next weekend."

The two nod and begin to stand up. Brooke was gathering her things and Jared was putting the checkers back in the box. The nurse goes to lead Martha away but Martha stops the nurse for a second, speaking quietly to the woman, who nodded and Martha walked back over.

"Jared," Martha said, "Can we talk real quick in private?"

Jared glanced at Brooke and then to his mom.

"Sure." Jared said.

Brooke and the nurse went off, giving the mom and son some space. Brooke never took it to heart because, she knew how close Jared and their mom are. Brooke will always be a daddy's girl and Jared is a mama's boy.