-Chapter♚♛OneHundredTwelve-

✧A HELPFUL HAND✧

◊━━━━━✥━━━━━◊

***

The expiration tag of what she and Alphard had accomplished had lasted long enough for her to get a decent chunk of sleep and enough time to eat a small breakfast and study before she left for the actual exam.

Leaving Alphard to be rather sour that Rhea hadn't woken him up or said anything about her departure. Yet it made the utmost sense, as Rhea was downright embarrassed by her behavior the following evening.

And of course, to distract him, was to continue things further! How damned daft has she turned?!

Had it been any other day of her schedule, he would've tempted to surprise her for a visit at lunch during her shadowing but this was not the time to make her lose focus. Even if his thoughts were bothering him.

Even worse, he was brooding in his own work office and Orion made it his mission to coax him for an answer. "Bastard—If I knew, don't you think I wouldn't be worried?"

"Then it must be awful if you cannot spare one detail." It was his choice to relay the details, and previously he wouldn't be so forthcoming in them, yet with Orion dating a younger witch of Rhea's generation, perhaps this could turn for the better.

"I realize you are a private man, brother. But this could help, couldn't it?"

"She was overworking herself, Orion—I had to distract her. And you know from her own advice to you, that the Black heir voice is always easy prey." Alphard had stalled for a moment, still deciding if he truly wanted to divulge the detail.

"Merlin's sake, it looks like Binkt died, out with it!"

"It was intense, last night. I simply wanted to distract her and now we haven't spoken a word since." It was unlike the two to not talk. But given the circumstance of an intense night in addition to Rhea's lingering exams.

"Why did you make it intense? Cory's been having her own anxiety and she isn't doing anything at Rhea's level." Alphard groaned in his hands, but even thinking back to things—He could feel the phantom touches he's experienced just over twelve hours ago.

"Well, did she enjoy herself?" He nodded to his brother's question, what did Orion think happened?

"Are you sure?"

"She finished all over the floor, it was the most glorious thing I've ever seen."

"She—"

"Yes. It's never happened before and she looked absolutely embarrassed, but then we continued and things seemed to be alright. Dinner was silent and she went right to sleep." Orion leaned deep into his seat and sighed, but remained utterly quiet as he enjoyed his brother's withering.

"What?" Alphard spat and Orion smirked. "I feel like you are missing quite a few of the finer details, but I doubt that Rhea truly wanted to go to sleep so early. Hence why you didn't see her in the morning, she needed to be in the right mindset—Not thinking about how you made her squi—" The word had been left unsaid, as Alphard slammed his fist to the wooden desk in front of him.

"If she doesn't bring it up, I wouldn't dwell on things. She's the one who wanted a triad, so whatever the finer details are, they will be left as just that." Alphard did not like leaving things, not when he wanted to know how Rhea felt diving into that sort of thing. Orion was right, Rhea had hinted her interest in experimenting, but goodness, had it been too far.