-Chapter♛♚OneHundredTwentyThree-

✧A BROTHERLY VISIT✧

◊━━━━━✥━━━━━◊

***

It truly felt as though there wasn't a moment of peace, not when the Healers were making absolutely sure that Rhea was on the road to recovery. But after claiming that the assailants had sent a curse just as she sent one as well, there hadn't been much time to put up another defensive, and thus, her hand had covered her heart.

As it was one of the most vital organs of a person.

Even now, she was trying to tell Alphard, for the fifth time in a row, that he was due for some time in the Office, and there was literally nowhere else for her to go.

"Alfie, I can barely go and use the restroom without the help of a nurse. Where am I going to go?"
"If I leave I won't be able to get here until someone tells me."
"That's not true, the fireplace is private. You heard the Healer, you can head in and out through there. We can call directly to your office if need be." She responded, and he made another face. The bloke had spent the majority of their morning at the table calculating and running the numbers anyhow, what point was there to staying here when he obviously had to go elsewhere?

"Alphard Pollex Black, you get your arse to work. One of us has to." It caused the man to jump in hearing just how stern her voice was becoming, and he started grumbling to himself, embarrassed didn't come it.

"Are you pouting?"
"At least you are feeling better enough to taunt me."
"Alfie, I am not taunting you. What do you propose will happen when I'm discharged? That you're going to be able to stay home with me?" He nodded, all without hesitation and she simply laughed. "We both know that isn't true, now get what you need to get done and I'll warn the Healer that you'll want a full report. And it's not like I'll be doing much at all anyway." She gauged, and that had made him feel both relieved and guilty.

"I can have one of the nurses bring you some magazines or—" A knock at the door had silenced Alphard, but after a quick call out, the two looked ready to greet a Healer—Only to see a pair of legs carrying a massive bouquet of flowers and a whole lots of gifts and trinkets to boot.

"Merlin, have me...Where can I put this?" The voice had caused Rhea to squeal with excitement and Alphard hurried to help his brother free his arms of all the gifts.

"Ah, you are looking right as rain, Rhea—How are you feeling?" He said, coming over for a quick kiss to her temple and sitting down beside her. "Better, though this one won't go to work even though he's been putting it off all morning."
"You heard the wife, off with you...I'll stay until you're back." It was a comfort that Alphard didn't expect he needed but nodded and took his suitcase alongside him towards the floo. "I want an update if you are not feeling well, Rhea."
"Yes, go! I want an update too!" Even as he stepped into the flames, his light bit of laughter was seemingly heard by the two siblings remaining. But here, Rhea had turned her attention off towards Rolf, who smiled brighter than she could ever remember.

"I've brought a few things that I hope could pass the time. Though this room is much nicer than the last time you were in the hospital."
"Don't remind me, Rolf...This is the luxury retreat. There are only a dozen rooms or so. There's no way for others to know I'm here." The brother nodded, but the whirlwind of what could have possibly happened had coursed through him.

The way he had been informed by the Dark Lord, is that Alphard would not be going public...Did Rhea know this as well?

Did Rhea even know what her husband had done yesterday?

"How are you feeling?"
"Achy all over, but getting better. D-do you remember Professor Dante?" Rolf frowned, taking the back of his hand and issuing it to the top of her head. But she didn't seem feverish to be talking nonsense."I'm fine...Do you remember the professor?"