Slipping Through My Fingers (part 3)

"Frida? Do you have the potatoes?".

"Yes, they're here".

"Thank you" Agnetha took the freshly peeled potatoes and started cutting them for the salad.

"I'm done with the cream, is there anything else to do?" Frida asked, wiping her hands with a towel.

"Eeehm... I think we're done. Finally!" Agnetha laughed and Frida stood next to her, touching her shoulder with hers.

"I saw the new car you told me about".

"Nice, right?" Agnetha chuckled.

"If with every child you have he gives you a car, think about it for the third" Frida said laughing and Agnetha shook her head.

"Oh no, I'm done. Casa cerrada" Agnetha chanted surely, laughing together with Frida.

Agnetha finished preparing the salad and noticed the silence of Frida as she looked out the large kitchen window that overlooked the garden "And how are you?".

Frida looked at her and hinted a smile "I'm fine". They looked at each other for a few moments and then Frida giggled embarrassed "Really. I'm fine".

"Everything ok with Benny?" Agnetha washed her hands and then leaned against the kitchen counter opposite Frida.

Frida smiled, tugging at a lock of hair that brushed her neck, which fell from her chignon "Yes, it's all right. Now, yeah... a few weeks ago a world war was about to break out as usual..." she rolled her eyes, chuckling playfully "But... we talked... And we understood each other... And it's all thanks to him".

"Only him?".

Frida snorted and shook her head "If he wasn't so patient with me... He'd have run away long ago to some Hawaiian island and now he'd be sipping cocktails from a coconut with a Santa hat on".

"Well, that's an interesting image" Agnetha laughed "Though... I think these things have to be processed together, it can't be just for one and not for the other too" she concluded, crossing her arms over her chest.

Frida sighed and made a face "If you want to know if I have stored the notion that I won't be able to have children. Well, I'm getting there. If you want to know if I took it right from the start, then the answer is no".

Agnetha rolled her eyes "Here's the drama queen coming out. Are you already at the stage of being convinced that you won't be able to have children?".

Frida spread her arms out, snorting "Well, it'd be silly not to think about it".

"No, it's stupid to believe that everything is already decided. Sorry, didn't the doctor say that you're both healthy and there are no problems? Then all is not lost".

"Agnetha" Frida said exasperated, slightly annoyed "Do you think I don't know? But the reality is one, despite all the good intentions and treatments and prayers, it doesn't come. And I'm getting over it and so is Benny. And that's okay. We tried, we failed, amen".

Agnetha sighed, staring at her for a few moments before approaching her and hugging her "I still don't lose hope for you and I know that sooner or later this immense joy will come and I can't wait to be able to tell you 'I told you so'" she she giggled and Frida couldn't help but giggle too, feeling her eyes also become strangely wet "But I'm here and I support you, whatever happens and whatever you decide. For you and for Benny" she moved over and looked into her eyes "Ok?".

Frida nodded and pursed her lips, suddenly emotional.

"So, are we ready?".

Frida and Agnetha parted slightly and looked towards the kitchen door.