I still have faith in you (part 3)

"Are you laughing at me, little charmer? Are you? Yes, you are!" Frida said to Aleksander, touching his nose with her finger and making him smile blissfully.

Frida chuckled and walked into the room, finding the bed empty "Where has daddy gone? Hmm? What do you think?" she took a quick look in the bathroom, finding it empty "Let's see If he's making lots of good things to eat" she said, kissing his forehead and walking out.

Benny was fumbling in the stove to prepare breakfast, keeping an eye on the microwave oven with the baby's bottle inside. He had put on his pajamas and robe again, but he had still raised the temperature of the whole house given the cold day. The snow hadn't stopped falling all night, creating an almost fairytale atmosphere outside.

He dazed to look out the window over the stove and didn't notice anything until he heard Frida's voice behind him.

"And here's daddy making our breakfast burn".

Benny jumped and looked down, seeing the pot of milk that was coming out and immediately turned off the fire, cursing under his breath. He hastened to open the oven that he had just rung and burned his hand taking the bottle "Argh!".

"Hey, you okay?" Frida said to him, worried.

"Hmm, yes!" he said, putting his hand under the cold water, grimacing.

"Here".

Benny turned and saw Frida handing him the burn ointment "Do you always carry one with you?".

Frida laughed "No, you fool. I've kept it here at hand since Lotta decided to devote herself to cooking and there have been some accident".

Benny quickly spread some ointment on his most sore fingers and then filled the cups with milk and put the croissants on the tray. He turned and carried everything onto the table, noticing Frida still standing with the bottle in her hand.

"The choice is yours: breakfast for you or breakfast for this glutton?".

Benny grinned "Breakfast for my boy" and went over to pick up Aleksander who was starting to complain of hunger. The baby immediately began to eat, raising a little hand and squeezing his father's finger as he stared at him with his big blue eyes.

Benny was lost staring at his face, a smile on his lips. It was true that every child was beautiful, but that one... Well ... That one was just gorgeous. He shifted his gaze to his hand wrapped around his finger. They looked like the giant and the ant.

Benny frowned when he heard a soft click nearby. He looked up and found Frida with the Polaroid in her hand, smiling.

"What are you doing?".

"You were too beautiful not to" she replied, winking and resting the camera on the cabinet near the door.

Benny smiled and shook his head, settling his baby better in his arms.

"So, talk" Frida told him, breaking a piece of brioche.

Benny looked at her briefly and then went back to look at his son, knowing full well that she wouldn't let go until he told her everything "I had an argument with Stig".

After a few moments of silence, she said "And...?".

He sighed "We teased each other all day... Now we tease each other every day, actually... Don't ask me why... Then he told me my way of doing things, my requests... Well, in short, I slow down the group and so I was free also to leave, that they can do things even without me".

"What a bastard...".

Benny looked at her with wide eyes "... Frida?!".

"But sorry, but these aren't things to say! How can he tell you such a thing?!" Frida told him vehemently.