Sunny girl

Benny finished writing the final notes on the paper and then tossed the pencil onto the table, folding his hands above his head as he took a few moments to stretch his limbs. His eyes narrowed as he stared at the papers in front of him without actually reading them and then ran his hands through his hair, messing it up.

He was tired. He was really tired and he couldn't wait to get out of there and go home.

The games were almost done, all that was missing was the final arrangements and then everything would be ready to record their first album.

Fuck. His first, true album as an absolute protagonist.

Yes, he shared the credit with Bjorn and Agnetha, but it was an album entirely composed of his music.

Woah. Who would have thought that that long-haired boy who moved like a madman on stage in front of hundreds of screaming girls would become a professional of the trade.

He grinned and then looked around, making sure he was alone in the studio. He kept that grin when he made the decision that it was time to go home too and rotated his chair to retrieve cigarettes, coat and car keys.

Something, however, caught his attention outside the studio he and Bjorn had rented until next week. He saw Lasse enter the studio, followed by Oleg and Alfred, probably heading to their recording room at the end of the corridor. They too were racing against time to have everything ready in anticipation of recording.

Lasse was an old friend of his, he could say he had almost grown up with him. They went their separate ways for a while, during his golden period with the Hep Stars, but then fate had brought them together again and again, at a festival there or at a mutual friends' party there, until they gave life to a new, excellent relationship, trying to stay in touch as best as they could weekly.

The intention to maintain their friendship alive was so strong for both that they had started organizing outings between themselves and a few other friends almost every weekend.

And that's when everything had gone to pieces.

Yes, because Lasse had started bringing Anni-Frid with him.

She was his... girlfriend? Probably. He wasn't too much sure because they seemed so close and intimate, but they were also very good at not exposing themselves so much in terms of affectionate gestures and this had always left Benny completely confused.

They played together, that was for sure. She was a singer, a very good one; and he was a musician and also a singer. And they worked together.

Not that he should care, anyway. It was his code of honor not to be interested in the "lady friends" of his friends, whoever they were.

But Anni-Frid was... gorgeous. She was tall and her hair seemed to be made of the finest cotton; she had deep green eyes that seemed to change color at times; and she had a tone of voice that only brought him peace and tranquility. And her smile...

Yeah, he had really tried to stay away from her every single damn time. He had also tried to mislead and hold back by taking a different girl with him to every dinner or party or outing they organised. But every single time he fell caught in her net.

And the thing that confused him the most was that Lasse didn't seem to notice anything. But not only with him, but with everyone. When a fairly large number of friends gathered, Lasse got lost in the crowd, talking and drinking and joking with everyone, without exception. Leaving Anni-Frid alone or in any case in the company of the girls she knew from the group.

But internally he would have liked to kiss Lasse on his mouth for the happiness, because he gave him the opportunity to watch and study her. At first only from afar, then wandering off to her like a magnet, spending every single evening in her company.