Super Trouper (part 4)

Benny wiped the misted glass with his hand after the long shower he had just taken and looked in the mirror, combing his hair and using a small scissors to fix some unruly hairs of his long beard.

When he finished, he looked at himself for a few more seconds and ran a hand along the curve between his neck and shoulder, touching a very obvious red mark. He smiled amused and turned off the light and then opened the bathroom door. He closed it silently behind him and took a few steps down the small corridor, stopping at the entrance to the bedroom and looking towards the bed.

With the most serene and relaxed expression he had ever seen, Frida was asleep on the bed, prone, surrounded by the duvet and white sheets that almost seemed to make her float on a cloud. On her lips, so distant, he almost thought he could see a smile.

He leaned against the door frame and took a few long minutes to study her. Just behind her was the breathtaking panorama of Copenhagen in the first light of dawn, making her seem almost set in a freshly painted picture.

He approached noiselessly, kneeling and resting his arms on the bed, resting his chin on a clenched fist and continuing to look closely at her, not wanting to disturb her for the world. She stirred a little in her sleep and sighed, he smiled and smoothed the sheet that had slipped down her bare shoulder.

In the stillness of that moment, he had the opportunity to think back on the chaotic and tiring and terribly wonderful day he had had. What they had been through.

After going back to the dressing room and changing, wasting more time than necessary thanks to his distractions, they literally ran out of there, laughing and escaping Eloise's calls 'cause she'd certainly have wanted to convince them to go on the road as Frida had told him.

Outside, they had managed not to be noticed by any of the fans who happened to be waiting for her, which was truly a feat worthy of a spy movie, and then they had took a taxi, asking the driver to take them to a good restaurant in the city, but where they could have the right privacy.

* FLASHBACK *

"Don't get me wrong, but what are you doing here?" Frida asked him laughing, sipping her glass of white wine, relaxing on her comfortable armchair in the restaurant.

Benny chuckled and gulped down his wine "Don't say such loving words to me, love, you'll make me blush".

Frida laughed again and settled back in her chair, looking around and thanking the separè that the restaurant had assured them, and approached him, slipping a hand on the nape of his neck and kissing him for a long time.

Benny smiled into her kiss and stroked her cheek with a thumb.

When they pulled away, they stayed inches apart. The cozy and intimate atmosphere of the place, the warmth given by the wine, the joy of their being together, had catapulted them into a soap bubble that they never wanted to burst.

"In short, I missed you" he murmured, brushing his forehead against hers.

She suddenly felt her eyes fill with tears and snorted, trying to hold back. Those small but profound words encompassed everything she had felt for weeks, everything she wanted to tell him endlessly every time she heard him on the phone, everything she wanted to hear from him. And now that he had finally given voice to that feeling, the loneliness and fear and anxiety of that period resurfaced in her chest like a raging river.

When he saw a few tears of hers falling down her cheeks, he immediately got serious "Hey... What's going on?".

Frida quickly dried her tears, but immediately after more of them came down without even wanting and he framed her face with his hands, drying it and thus forcing her to look into his eyes. He waited for her to talk, giving her all the time she needed, having noticed how tense and sad she was when he first saw her in the studio.