Lay all your love on me (part 7)

**FLASHBACK**

Benny frowned in his sleep and moved his face to the right, trying to escape a ray of sunlight that hit him right in the face. He wearily lifted his left arm which had slipped to the ground and that had fallen asleep.

He stayed that way for a few more moments and then he frowned when he heard some  noises nearby.

He opened his eyes and then rubbed a hand over them, finding them almost more tired than he'd fallen asleep. All the day of yesterday suddenly hit him and he took a deep breath. He remembered the morning of the day before, the afternoon and especially the evening.

Benny opened his eyes again when he heard some other noise nearby and looked up towards the kitchen, trying to catch a glimpse of someone, but nothing.

Leaning his head back against the small sofa cushion, he rubbed his hand over his face again to try to wake himself up and slowly sat up, burying his face in his hands.

He jerked his head up as he heard footsteps fast approaching. Frida passed by him without even looking at him and went to the kitchen. He got up quickly and followed her, pausing at the door as she grabbed a container from a cabinet.

"Good morning" Benny murmured, wringing his hands, feeling almost like an elementary school kid.

Frida turned and looked at him for a few moments "'Morning" and then turned back to the kitchen, fiddling with the container and some food.

Benny pursed his lips and ran a hand through his hair, knowing he looked awful "How are you?" he said cautiously, stepping further into the kitchen and approaching the table.

"Good" she replied laconically, without even turning around. Her gestures quick and stiff as if she wanted to hurry.

Benny took a closer look at her and noticed that she was dressed to go out "Are you going out?".

Frida sharply closed the container and placed the film back on the plate in front of her "Yes".

"And where are you going?".

"I don't know".

Benny frowned and sighed, shaking his head briefly "Do you mind if we talk for a moment, first?".

Frida slammed the fridge shut and turned to him, finally "Actually, yes" and then she opened a cabinet under the oven and pulled out a small cooler.

"Frida, please..." he began, sighing.

"No!" she stopped him immediately, raising a hand and looking into his eyes "I really don't feel like talking, so please leave me alone" she told him in a glacial tone, even though he heard her voice breaking slightly in some points.

He stared at her before she turned away, noting her eyes as tired as his own, her drawn face and her dark circles a little more accentuated than before. All his fault.

Before he could say more, she scurried past him, almost dodging him. Benny wasted no time in turning and following her. When he entered the bedroom, he froze at the door, his eyes wide.

"What are you doing?".

She didn't answer him, but she continued her actions as if he hadn't even spoken.

Benny suddenly felt goosebumps and a thump in his stomach "Frida, what are you doing? What does it mean?" he told her, pointing to the big bag on the bed.

Frida sighed and raised her face towards the roof, giving him her back. She then turned, shoulders down, shaking her head slightly "It's a duffel bag".

"A duffel bag".