Dream World (part 6)

"Please, let's keep calm. Don't. You. Dare. To. Cry!" Agnetha raised her hands as one does when a tamer tries to calm a ferocious animal in front of him and prevent it from getting more nervous, only this time she was addressing Frida.

"I'm not".

"You wouldn't think so" Agnetha rolled her eyes and snorted, approaching the nearby dressing table to retrieve more hair clips.

"Don't worry, honey. Do you want me to call someone for you?" Ingmarie put a hand on her arm, looking at her in a way she hoped was comforting.

"No" Frida rasped, trying to take deep breaths from her mouth to calm herself "I'm fine... It was just a moment. Sorry".

"Don't be sorry. It's normal and I would be too" Lill-Babs winked at her as she sipped her fruity drink sitting on the bed.

"Mom, don't cry. You're beautiful" Lise-Lotte approached smiling, passing her a tissue that Frida took with a smile.

"Thank you" she said in a watery voice, she raised a hand to caress her cheek "I'm sorry, baby".

Lise-Lotte frowned "For what?".

"I made your life harder recently... Yours, your brother's, Benny's... You would have every right to be angry and instead... look at you... So beautiful and smiling".

"You didn't, mom..." Lise-Lotte protested "At first it was difficult. I know, we all know that. But we're family and that's ok. We're better now" she smiled.

Frida was so proud of her, so proud that she was so mature and understanding.

"I want..." Frida stopped, her voice cracking when a new round of tears closed her throat "I just want everything to be fine".

"And it will" Agnetha put her hands on her shoulders, looking at each other from the mirror placed in front of her "You look beautiful".

Frida smiled and put a hand on hers on her shoulder, squeezing it.

There was a knock on the door and Agnetha said aloud "Who is it?".

"It's me" it came from outside.

Ingmarie widened her eyes "Don't you dare!" she yelled and run to the door to open it a little bit and look outside "What are you doing wandering the halls?! You'd not be here!" she said in a menacing tone.

Benny grinned "I managed to get around your bodyguards placed around me to stop me, but whoever can stop me has yet to come" he laughed "I just want to know if everything is ok. Frida, everything ok?" he said the last part loudly, wanting to be heard from within and trying to look past Ingmarie and look inside.

He heard Frida's laugh.

"Yes! Everything ok, but you shouldn't be here!".

He playfully frowned "I know, I know! Calm down. Woah, you're insistent, girls".

Frida turned to the door as if she could see him "You ok?".

He grinned "I am" he slipped his hand on the door's handle but Ingmarie slapped it away, glaring at his frowning face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked suddenly.

He chuckled "Frida, are you having second thoughts?".

She smiled "Never".

"Here he is!".

Benny's eyes widened and looked behind him, huffing "Busted".

"What the hell, Benny! Let's go and leave that poor woman alone for two minutes" Stig said gruffly, reaching him and grabbing him by the shoulder.

Benny chuckled "See you in a while! Don't make me wait!" and he was dragged away by Stig and his other friends, making fun of him.