Happy New Year

Almost 11 pm on New Year's Eve and the party at Polar Music office was in full swing. People laughed and chatted joyfully in every corner of the large hall usually used for large orchestras, but now an excellent location for a great party organized by Stig.

Frida nursed her second glass of champagne of the evening, she didn't want to overdo it. That time she really didn't want to go home with enormous dizziness and without remembering the whole evening well. She realized that she was no longer a young woman. She snorted lightly, leaning against the dark counter of the open bar while she waited for her partner to return from the bathroom.

She had arrived at the party about 2 hours earlier, even though she had been there all morning that day, then she went home to get ready and returned there for the party. That time of the year, though, she'd have preferred not to be there. Anywhere, but not there. Not because she was bored, but she wanted a change of scenery, to spend the last days of the year with her loved ones, rather than with friends, acquaintances and people she barely knew. She had the reputation of a party lover, like the others, but... she wanted something different. Just that.

When she expressed her hesitations out loud, he told her it'd be a way to relax and have fun after days of work. It took little for him to convince her, a caress and a smile and she was gone, ending up kissing him softly and accepting his proposal.

That afternoon, when she was about to wear her second gold earring, he was already in the car waiting for her in the driveway. She wore a black sequin mini dress with thigh-skimming hem, one-shoulder shape and dramatic draped sash woven with red threads.

Before going to the party, though, he had surprised her with dinner at their favorite restaurant and her mood had skyrocketed. She couldn't wait to enter the New Year with him.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard someone clear their throat next to her. She turned her gaze to her left and locked eyes with two pair of blue ones.

"Hi".

Frida gave the man a little smile and nodded before looking back to her right towards the room.

The man didn't give up and leaned against the counter, moving closer to her. He was tall, very charming with his short dark hair styled back and a fit body.

"I don't want to sound corny, but a woman like you all alone ordering drinks is a real sin" the man said with a smile "Can I offer you one?".

Frida bit her bottom lip and sighed internally. She could order her drinks, she could drink alone and she just wanted her man to offer her a drink. She smiled at the man in an insincere way "I'm fine alone here, do I seem sad to you?".

"A little" the man smiled, happy to have her attention on him.

"Well, I'm not. I'm a big girl, you know?". Frida bit the inside of her cheek as she literally felt the man's eyes pass like a scanner over her body, from her feet, along her legs, to her face.

"Yes, you sure are. And you're beautiful" the man smiled "I'm a big fan, also".

Frida nodded and shook her head slightly.

"I'm Erik, by the way" the man said, extending his hand to her.

"You already know my name. You just said that" she shrugged dismissively, taking a sip of her champagne.

The man snorted "I got off to a bad start, didn't I? I was just... eager to meet you and tell you... that you're beautiful".

Frida sighed and drank all the champagne before turning to the man, Erik, and clarifying the situation, when she saw Benny making his way over to her. Frida sighed in relief at the sight of her boyfriend and their eyes connected. He smiled at her at first, but then his gaze hardened when it ended up on the man standing too close to her.