Chapter 3: America Mansell

The next morning

The morning was chaos. Peach and Mario had found out that Toad had gone missing. At first, it was like any morning, but suddenly Mario recognized Toad's signature frying pan that he had never left home with.

In minutes, the entire council room was made into a crime scene and press coverage stormed the princess with interviews. After the press finally left, Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Rohan started to investigate the scene.

Rohan was wearing sunglasses and he asked, "Ugh...What happened?"

"Well, I heard Toad screaming like an idiot and then I heard a noise...but I shook it off." Peach replied.

"Rohan, why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?" Mario asked.

"Uh...I went to the eye doctor after the performance." Rohan chuckled and pushed his sunglasses.

"You went to the eye doctor?"

"Yeah. And I had a great time there with Pauline and people that like me for who I am and-" Rohan suddenly gagged. "Wait...Shit...Where's a trash can??"

Peach quickly grabbed a trash can and Rohan threw up in it. Luigi chuckled and Rohan uttered, "I have such a migraine..."

"Yep." Luigi chuckled. "You DEFINITELY went to the eye doctor."

"Okay, now can someone please tell me what is going on?" Rohan rubbed some vomit off his lips.

"Okay, now Toad is gone without a trace," Mario said. "And we have no footprints or anything to find our culprit. Clever boy..."

Rohan put a hand to his chin and walked around the council table. "So, Toad is gone with no trace or sign. In my professional opinion as Crowned Prince of the Mushroom Kingdom, we're dealing with...He's dead."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOHH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Luigi cried. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"We shouldn't rule out Toad being dead yet," Peach said. "I believe that we need some professionals to help us on this one."

"We have a professional," Rohan said. "Jeffery."

"Jeffery?"

"Yeah, the Toad that tried out our experimental Vanish Cap."

"Jeffery's not here in this world anymore."

"He's here. You said that he was on break."

"No, he wasn't. I just told you that so you wouldn't get upset."

"What?" Rohan was confused. "What happened?"

Peach sighed. "He...died of a heart attack five months ago."

"NOOO!!!" Rohan shouted.

"Yes." Peach pointed to a chair. "In that very chair. He's still there."

Rohan whimpered and then Mario noticed something. He was already aware that he was wearing gloves and picked up a candy wrapper. "Wait...A candy wrapper. Toad can't have sugar or else he'll be hyper!" he said.

"A clue!" Peach and Rohan exclaimed.

"We have something that Toad definitely left behind."

Suddenly, the four heard a scream and they ran out to the balcony to see where that came from. It came from the village as some kind of chaos was happening.

Toad Village

The heroes went to see the chaos and saw Donkey Kong a little bruised. Mario ran to the gorilla and asked, "DK, what are you doing here?"