Chapter 53: The Canyon

Meanwhile...

Mario, Samus, Kirby, Olimar, and Link looked from afar and noticed the other heroes at the mountain.

"We'd better figure out if those guys are on our side." Link spoke.

"Right," Mario said. "Let's go!"

Elsewhere on the Comet Observatory

Diddy noticed the smoking Great Fox from afar. "I hope Fox is okay..."

"Don't worry, Diddy," DK said. "I'm sure that he's okay."

Meanwhile on the Halberd

Bowser chuckled and smiled at America in her cage. "Oh, don't cry, kid...Peaches and I are gonna get married and you'll have a front-row seat to the destruction of the Multiverse."

"Mario's gonna come back for me!" America sniffled and clenched the bars of the cage as she faced Bowser. "I know it!"

"Oh, I hope he does. Hehehe..." Bowser grinned and poked the girl's chin with one of his claws. "...so I can BREAK him..."

A Primid ran into the room and said, "Lord Bowser! We have reports that Mario is in the canyon!"

"THEN STOP HIM!!! AND BRING HIM TO ME SO I CAN BREAK HIM IN FRONT OF HIS "DAUGHTER!!!!"

Outside at the canyon

Mario, Olimar, Samus, Link, and Kirby journeyed through the canyon. There were certain struggles like rock slides which Olimar had rock-shaped Pikmin deal with, and also...you probably guessed it...Subspace creatures.

There were Rotturrets, Puppits, Fire Primids, Primids, Feyeshes, Armights...and also a Big Primid. The giant Primid stomped on the ground and nearly attacked Link. Samus fired a missile from her cannon and knocked the Big Primid. Mario finally finished the thing off with a fire punch and the creature turned back into a swarm of Shadow Bugs.

"We've gotta hurry!" Link said.

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby agreed.

Meanwhile at the mountain, again...

Charizard sniffed the air and noticed the five heroes in the distance. He roared and Red asked, "Charizard! What's going on!?"

"Something's attracting it!" Leaf said.

In just a few seconds, Charizard soared high up into the sky, creating a small shockwave around the mountain. This surprised the Ice Climbers and caused Marth to let out a small yelp. The Pokemon continued to fly upward, unfazed by the bolts of lightning around it. Eventually, it emerged from the clouds and flew straight back down.

It soared down with a sprinting Mario in its sights. Mario noticed the oncoming threat and Charizard slammed down on the ground.

 Mario noticed the oncoming threat and Charizard slammed down on the ground