Chapter 71: The End

Mario and America was released by Master Hand and the three saw the Multiverse Tree blooming and disappearing to go somewhere else so it could regrow in peace. Mario was so happy that the tree was completely revived and beautiful again.

"Mario? Master Hand?" America asked. "You're gonna have to see this..."

The two turned to where America was facing and Mario gasped in horror at what they were seeing. Everyone was turned into trophies and the Subspace was just a black void now seeing how Tabuu was dead.

"Oh, no...Peach!!" Mario sprinted to the trophy of Peach, his heart racing with fear and desperation. "Peach?!?"

He tapped her trophy base but she didn't get revived. She just stood there with her grayed-out body and saddened face. Mario tried in vain to revive her but it was not even working. His eyes were starting to get filled with tears. "C'mon, Peach...Come on..."

Suddenly, Kirby's trophy glowed and he was revived. America gasped and exclaimed, "Kirby!!" she ran to him and asked, "What happened??"

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby replied.

"Something that Dedede made? Did you inhale a badge that should nullify the trophy forms? Did you bring more?"

Kirby shook his head and America and Mario's eyes widened. It was no use. Everyone was trophies and Kirby only had the one that he ate which was pretty much useless now. Master Hand looked down and Mario started to cry in defeat.

"Peach...I'm sorry..." Mario looked at Peach. "...I was a horrible boyfriend, and I hurt you, and you...I've caused so much trouble for you and the others...but I'll do anything to have you back..."

(True Colors (Film Version) - Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick)

(Singers: Mario and Peach)

He cried some more and remembered Peach's favorite song. He wiped some tears from his face and sang out,

You with the sad eyes...

Don't be discouraged...

Oh, I realize...

It's hard to take courage

In aworldfull of people

Youcan lose sight of it all

Thedarkness inside you

Can make you feel so small

Suddenly, a light came from Peach's trophy base and her eyes suddenly moved to face Mario. The three then heard dings and saw lights illuminating every single trophy base as far as the eye could see. America knew what was happening and nodded for Mario to continue. Mario nodded back and continued singing,

Show me a smile then

Don't be unhappy

Can't remember when

I last saw you laughing

This world makes you crazy

And you've taken all you can bear

Just call me up

'Cause I will always be there

And I see your true colors shinin' through