Chapter 45: The Subspace Bomb Factory Part 1

The BOTTLE Ship, Universe-DM-20004 - a few years ago

(Note: This is from Metroid: Other M if you're wondering...)

Samus was in her Zero Suit and in some part of a gigantic ship. She was talking to her commander and friend, Adam. This was a situation involving the last thing she would want to find on her mission: Metroids.

She remembered encountering a baby Metroid before having been shot in the back and looked at the baby's frozen remains. Adam continued to explain everything about the bioweapons on the ship and the Metroids. He said, "And now, since no one has the technology to defeat them, they cannot be allowed to exist."

He stood up and picked up his gun. Samus noticed and said, "Hang on, Adam. First, I need to know why you're credited as the creator of the Metroid military program report."

Adam stopped and sighed. "I received the request to write the report from Galactic Federation headquarters. In that report, I outlined the potential dangers of such a program and explained categorically why it shouldn't be attempted." he turned away from her. "HQ listened. But a small group within the Federation co-opted my report for its own purposes."

Samus panted and Adam continued, "Samus. You'll be fully recovered soon. I have several missions for you. This facility appears to be on an intercept course with Galactic Federation HQ. If what Madeline Bergman said is correct, there's a distinct possibility that it is the start of an attack by MB against the Federation. One way or another, some sort of attack is clearly imminent here. You'll have to find a way to divert the ship off its intercept course. I've located a survivor in Room MW toward the rear of the Bioweapon Research Center of the ship. Whoever it is will be a key witness. Secure the survivor's safety and defeat Ridley. He's as much of a threat as the Metroids." he looked down at Samus. "And one last word of warning: Madeline Bergman...is no ally."

He then proceeded to walk away from Samus. She grabbed a wall next to her and weakly stood up. "Hold on, Adam." she then walked from where she was sitting and scowled. "What are you planning to do with the Metroids here in Sector Zero?"

"Leave it to me. I'll deal with this place."

"You have a plan for dealing with Metroids that can't be frozen?!"

"...Sector Zero has a self-destruct protocol. If the sector received a significant amount of damage, the unit is programmed to detach and self-destruct. A powerful explosion will eliminate the Metroids and MB without leaving a trace."

Samus immediately knew what Adam was planning to do, and she wasn't going to allow him to do it. "Don't you dare, Adam!" she weakly kept walking toward him. "Let me go in! I'm the only one who has a shot against the Metroids. We have to take the chance!" Adam didn't look back at her and she kept getting angry. She grunted and continued, "Please, Adam! You have to trust me! You have to trust me. JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE!"

She nearly fell but Adam caught her by the arm. He only looked at her and replied, "I wish I could battle Ridley...but I can't. Unlike you, I'm no galactic savior. I'm merely human. But I can save you." he let go of her and continued, "You should be completely healed soon. There isn't much time. We both need to get started on our missions. I'm sorry for getting a little rough with you."

Samus' eyes started to fill up and Adam finished with, "Good luck, Samus."

Adam proceeded to walk away again and Samus tried to run after him. "Wait!" she yelled. She suddenly felt and saw her Power Suit armor glitch in and out of her Zero Suit. She grunted and outstretched her hand. "ADAM!!!" she screamed. She kept walking to him and tried to get to him. "Wait! ADAM!" Adam walked out the door and it closed. It suddenly locked and Samus banged on the door. "PLEASE WAIT! ADAM!!!!"