Chapter 54: A Pikachu's Tale

Viridian Forest, Kanto Region, Universe-5010305 - 15 years ago

A young Pikachu ran through the vast greens of Viridian Forest

A young Pikachu ran through the vast greens of Viridian Forest. It had been a couple of months since he and his mother immigrated from the Alola Region into the Kanto region.

Pikachu and his mother lived deep in the forest. Today, Pikachu convinced his mother to let him go outside before dinner. However, there were some promises and rules he had to follow. He couldn't fight with anyone, stay away from the city, return before sunset and dinner, and if he saw a human, he had to run away.

He kept running through the forest and saw that the sun was still up and an hour away from setting. "Time to head home."

After completing his journey, he reached his hut only to find most of his and his mother's belongings scattered outside. This was unusual and raised his suspicion. As he cautiously entered his hut, he was met with a devastating sight - his mother lying on the floor in a pool of blood with a scary Pokémon hovering above her.

The Pokémon resembled a pterosaur with a sharp arrowhead at the end of its tail, a cone-shaped spike on its back, and purplish-gray skin. Its lower jaw was filled with razor-sharp teeth. This was an Aerodactyl.

Pikachu cried out for his mother and the Aerodactyl noticed the crying mouse. Aerodactyl grinned sadistically and Pikachu's mother noticed her son. She weakly uttered, "...Run..."

Pikachu heard those words and ran off. He panted and kept running as fast as he could. He continued running and suddenly tripped on a twig. Pikachu whimpered and saw the Aerodactyl flying over him. The giant Pokemon snapped its jaws and then a voice shouted, "Aerodactyl!"

Pikachu looked to see a man with some kind of square-looking patterned logo on his shirt. The man chuckled and said, "I think we made ourselves a big catch! Biotope's gonna give me a buncha money with this!"

Biotope HQ, Forest of Okoya, Galar Region

Pikachu was transported to a giant building with the same logo. The truck carrying his cage drove into the garage of the building.

 The truck carrying his cage drove into the garage of the building