Chapter 58: The Ruined Dragon

The Ruined Kingdom - Universe-3021111

Rohan, Gerald, River, and Arthur looked at a part of the town covered in fog. Rohan clenched his staff and took a deep breath. At first, he started panicking a bit but...it's okay. He's fought gods and tyrants before. What's wrong with a giant dragon?

He looked around and Arthur said, "Everyone, stay on your toes. That dragon could show up at any moment..."

"Rohan, are you sure it was a good idea to make a deal with the king?" Gerald asked.

"Anything to get me back to my family," Rohan replied.

The four kept walking and then heard a rumble. Gerald tightened his grip on his crossbow and Rohan's eyes gazed around and he saw something in the fog. The prince's eyes suddenly glowed golden and he noticed a glowing red creature-like figure within the fog. His golden eyes suddenly returned to their standard blue color and Rohan stepped back.

"Kid, why did your eyes glow like that for a bit?" River asked.

Rohan faced the others and replied, "I...I felt something's energy...I don't know how, but I was able to sense something somehow..." he felt another rumble and felt some breathing behind his back. "...We're not alone, are we?"

(Ruined Dragon Battle - Naoto Kubo, Koji Kondo, Shiho Fujii)

As he turned, he was met with the sight of a large, grey-black dragon. The creature was quite slender, with two elongated legs that ended in three-toed feet and two long arms that terminated in hands boasting white, sharp claws. Its wings were massive in proportion to the rest of its body, featuring five fingers and two additional claws on the top, one at the carpometacarpal joint and the other presumably at the metacarpophalangeal joint of the longest finger. The dragon was fully covered in large scales, with a lengthy neck and a head featuring a long muzzle. Its eyes were round, with black sclera, yellow irises with a red border, and black vertical slit pupils. The head boasted two horns on each side pointing backward, segmented and doubly curved, with the upper horn being larger than the lower one. The entire head was covered in smaller horns, with two of them resembling teeth and located near the end of the muzzle. The head also had a unique segmentation forming vertical bands, which was more pronounced on the lower part of the muzzle. The upper tip of the muzzle protruded slightly, with two relatively small nostrils. Additionally, the dragon wore a golden crown with the symbol of Crumbleden on its head which was kept into place by chains that were fixed to the dragon's head through some golden sword-shaped pins.

 Additionally, the dragon wore a golden crown with the symbol of Crumbleden on its head which was kept into place by chains that were fixed to the dragon's head through some golden sword-shaped pins

"Oh...my...God...." Rohan whispered.

"It's the Lord of Lightning!" Arthur shouted.

The dragon roared and River was almost close to fainting. Rohan took a few steps back and clenched his staff. Arthur fired an arrow from his crossbow but it broke on impact against the dragon's skin.